- Thursday, September 20th 4-7pm, Student Center Formal Dining Room: "The Accidental Writing Teacher: Responding to Student Writers in Any University Class" offered by Dr. Joseph Harris from Duke University.
- Friday, September 21st 8:30am-3:30pm (lunch included), University Hall ADP Center 1143: "Teachers as Scholars: Teaching Writing with Student Texts" offered by Dr. Joseph Harris from Duke University.
- Thursday, October 11th 4pm, Rutgers University: "The Work of Knowing: Composition, Literature, and the Undergraduate Classroom" offered by David Bartholomae. Free and open to the public. Please provide confirmation of attendance.
- Wednesday, October 24th 2:30-3:45pm, University Hall 1120: "Grading and Assessment Benchmarks" offered by First-Year Writing Director Dr. Jessica Restaino.
- Wednesday, November 14th 4-5:15pm, Dickson Hall 179: "Teaching the Portfolio-Centered Class" offered by Christa Verem.
- "Supporting Successful Student Revision" offered by Tatum Petrich, Maria Montaperto, Leslie Rapparlie, and Tavya Jackson.
- "Writing with New Technologies: Challenges of Keeping a Writing Standard, Using Revision, and Using Rubrics" offered by Paul Caruso and Rick Reid.
New Media Sample Rubric: Paul's sample rubric for evaluating new media projects in a writing course.
Process Blog Assignment : Rick's process blog assignment for ENWR 105/106 with examples.
- "Teaching Writing Through Rhetoric" offered by Laura Field and Jessica Restaino.
- "Teaching Clarity: Addressing Error in Student Writing - Some Practical Ideas"
- "Developing Writing Assignments"
- "Making Connections : A Worksheet and Resource List for Teachers to Support their Curriculum with Outside Speakers and Non-Profit Organizations" offered by Jessica Restaino.