Release of Disciplinary Records or Dean Certifications and Letter of Good Standing, pertaining to Montclair State University disciplinary records, can be completed when a student submits the proper forms to the Office of the Dean of Students. Receipt of these documents will allow the Office of the Dean of Students to report disciplinary record(s) to requesting entities such as institutions of higher education, professional schools or government agencies. A Disciplinary Record release also occurs when a member of the Federal Government presents a request for information on a student. In all cases, an authorization to release information is requested.
Release of Disciplinary Record or Dean Certifications and Letter of Good Standing is requested for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to:
- Transferring from Montclair State University to another institution (The Common Application)
- Acceptance into academic programs
- Study Abroad
- Background information for new employees (Port Authority)
- Background information for law enforcement (State and Municipal Police)
- Background Information for the Federal Government (Agencies/Homeland Security/FBI/Others)
- Application for Law School
In order to process your Request for the Release of Disciplinary Record or Dean Certification and Letter of Good Standing more efficiently, please abide by the following guidelines:
- If your form requires graduation verification, transcript requests, GPA, eligibility to return or any type of academic record verification, please send your form directly to the Registrar’s Office and they will forward it to the Dean of Students Office when they complete it.
- If the requesting institution/agency only needs Montclair State University disciplinary records and provides you with a form requesting your disciplinary records, complete the top portion of the form and upload it to the Montclair State University Release Form so that we can process this request.
- If the institution or agency requiring a Dean Certification/Letter of Good Standing does not provide you with a form, please fill out the permission to release records form. This will allow us to send a Letter of Good Standing.
- If you are requesting information for more than one school, please complete only one Permission to Release Records Form, and include all schools along with their e-mail addresses.
- We will not process requests without authorization.
- Our procedures allow us to e-mail these documents to colleges/universities and law enforcement only.
- Please be advised that the individual requesting this information cannot be the recipient.
- All forms must be submitted 7-10 business days prior to their deadline.