Thank you for your interest in serving as a Global Ambassador!
What is a Global Ambassador Program (GAP)?
The GAP is an opportunity for Montclair State students to work on campus while having fun! Global Ambassadors will have a chance to meet with prospective and current students from around the world and share their experience about our university. Global Ambassadors will also support the OGE team in other office-related functions.
All Global Ambassadors must:
- Attend a mandatory training session
- Answer front desk phone calls
- Answer general questions at the front desk
- Actively participate in our chat platform
- Be available and volunteer at our Fall and Spring International Student Orientation during assigned time slots
- Attend at least two Global Engagement events each semester, including trips and/or international student events
- Assist at the World’s Fair event and events for International Education Week (IEW)
- Assist the OGE staff with other duties as needed
What are the requirements to join the GAP?
To be eligible to participate in the GAP, students must:
- Have at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA from Montclair State University
- Have earned at least 30 credits at the time of application (for undergraduate students)
- Have at least one semester completed at Montclair State University
- Be enrolled full-time (at least 12 credits for undergraduate students and 9 credits for graduate students)
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Have an expected graduation date of fall 2024 or later
- Submit an online application and, if selected, be interviewed by the OGE staff
There are many benefits to being a Global Ambassador:
- Global Ambassador t-shirt to wear at events
- Opportunity to develop global perspectives and cultural literacy, while creating connections from around the world
- Mentorship and leadership skills development
Montclair State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, disability, age, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and veteran status, and provides equal access to its online programs, services and activities.