Visiting scholars should interact significantly with the campus community. In addition to successfully completing the proposed research or teaching assignment, a visiting scholar will be expected to
- Deliver at least one public presentation at a departmental or college level.
- Comply with all university regulations.
- Deliver presentations, meet with classes or student groups that share common characteristics or interests, participate as a guest speaker within the scholar’s disciplines, or in courses related to language and culture.
- Regularly be present on campus and meet with your faculty mentor.
- Actively pursue opportunities to learn about U.S. culture.
- Submit a report on achievements, presentations and research efforts to the faculty host and the Office of Global Engagement prior to your departure.