All new international students in F-1 or J-1 status are required to participate in a mandatory International Student Orientation, which will include a thorough introduction to Montclair State University’s policies and procedures, information regarding U.S. culture and academics, immigration check-in, fun activities to meet your peers, and more.
Your International Student Orientation at Montclair State University will consist of two parts:
Part 1: Online Orientation:
- We recommend you complete the Online Orientation as soon as possible, but the official deadline for completion is Monday, August 3, 2020.
- As you navigate the Online Orientation, make sure you read everything. Look around and click on all of the tabs and buttons. Be sure to click on all the links embedded in the text, as they will take you directly to the University’s website or other external pages so you can read the information more in-depth.
- After you have thoroughly looked through the Online Orientation, you can then go to the Quiz tab and take the quiz. You must receive a score of 100% before you are finished with your Online Orientation. You have unlimited attempts to take the quiz. IMPORTANT: After completing your quiz, you must hit the RED SUBMIT BUTTON at the top of the screen to submit your results!
- You can start and stop at any point during the modules. The entire Online Orientation will take approximately 3 hours to complete.
- We recommend using a computer, as images and text are often distorted when using your phone.
The link to access Part 1: Online Orientation was sent to your Montclair State email address!
Part 2: Virtual Orientation
Fall 2020 Virtual Orientation Schedule – Friday, August 21st from 9:00am-12:00pm (EDT) via Zoom
- Due to the current events, Part 2 of International Student Orientation will be held virtually. Virtual Orientation is designed to help you successfully begin your first year at Montclair State University and will feature live presentations, the opportunity to meet the Global Ambassadors and other incoming international students, immigration check-in, important information on maintaining your status, and the opportunity to ask questions to International Admissions and Student Services staff members.
- You do not need to register for Virtual Orientation.
- The link to access the Virtual Orientation will be sent to your Montclair State email address.
- Please use your Montclair State email credentials to log into Zoom, as attendance will be taken.
***Please Note: Part 1: Online Orientation is NOT a substitute for Part 2: Virtual Orientation. Both Parts 1 & 2 are MANDATORY components of International Student Orientation
If you have any questions about International Student Orientation, you can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.orgVirtual International Student Orientation0days0hours0minutes0seconds