Reserves for Students
Search course reserves to see if your course materials are available online in an electronic format. Some reserves materials have been scanned and uploaded into Canvas Courses. Check out our Free eBooks, Videos & Other Online Resources during COVID-19 page to see if your textbook is available on another site.
Reserves for Faculty
We are currently processing Reserves requests for Summer and Fall courses. Use the Course Reserves Request form to submit your request. Please keep in mind the following:
- The library building is closed indefinitely and there is no access to our physical collections. Sprague Library will attempt to provide the desired reserve item in an electronic format. Please be aware that this will not be possible in all cases, and an alternate item may be necessary. If we cannot find materials for your course in an electronic format, you can use the Ask a Librarian service and we will assist you in locating suitable materials in the Library’s collections of online resources.
- Personal copies — We are not accepting personal copies of books or other materials to place on Reserve at this time.
- eReserves — For articles and book chapters we encourage you to see if the full text is available from a library-owned resource and use the persistent links to allow students to access those items within your Canvas Course.
- Important: Not sure if your course reserves items from last Fall are still active? Check the online reserves catalog — search by your name, course title, or course number, and let us know if we need to renew your course for Fall 2020.
- Any streaming video that the library currently owns is available for use as a Course Reserve item. You may use persistent links to allow students to access those items within your Canvas Course.
- For subscription video collections you can access online, please browse the streaming video list located on the Library’s Database page. A streaming audio list can also be found there.
- If you need to locate an individual streaming video or audio recording, we recommend that you search the Sprague Library Catalog, or you can use the Ask a Librarian service and we will assist you. New streaming materials can be requested for purchase by completing the Course Reserves Request form.