Please read the Borrower’s Policy
Borrowing services are suspended during the current public health crisis (COVID-19).
- You need your Montclair State University ID card to borrow library materials.
- Community borrowers may use their local library card.
- Check out books at the Access Services Desk (front lobby) or check out multimedia at the Multimedia Services Desk (lower level). You may also use the self-checkout machines located on the 2nd Floor and the Lower Level.
- Return books to the Access Services Desk or after hours to the book drop (by the entrance/exit doors of the Library).
- Fines and fees for late returns are suspended for the remainder of Spring 2020. Replacement fees still apply for lost books and other library materials.
|Patron Type||Material Type||Limit||Loan Period||Renewals||Holds||Fines||Lost Book Fee|
|Undergraduate Students||Book||25||28 days*||2 per item||Yes||None||$80.00|
|Graduate Students||Book||100||semester||3 per item||Yes||None||$80.00|
|Faculty, Staff, and Emeritus||Book||100||semester||9 per item||Yes||None||$80.00|
|Montclair State Families||Book||10||28 days||1 per item||Yes||None||$80.00|
|Alumni and Retirees||Book||10||28 days||1 per item||Yes||$.25 daily||$80.00|
|Non-Montclair State Borrowers||Book||10||28 days||1 per item||Yes||$.25 daily||$80.00|
*Except at the end of each semester when the due date falls on the last day of the term.
|Patron Type||Material Type||Limit||Loan Period||Renewals||Holds||Fines||Lost Fee|
|Faculty, Staff, Emeritus, and Graduate Students||Audiotapes, CDs, Records, Videos, DVDs||3||7 days||1 per item||Yes||None||$80.00|
|Undergraduate Students||Audiotapes, CDs, Records, Videos, DVDs||2||2 days||1 per item||Yes||None||$80.00|
|Alumni and Retirees||Audiotapes, CDs, Records, Videos, DVDs may be used IN HOUSE only.||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Log in to your Library Account with your NetID and password to:
- Renew Items
- Review your list of checked-out items
- Check interlibrary loans
- Review your list of Holds and Recalls
- Cancel Holds and Recalls
- Check for fines
- Overdue items, items that have reached the renewal limit, and items for which there are outstanding Holds (i.e., items requested by other patrons) are not renewable.
- Renewals are automatically blocked if you have any overdue items or outstanding fines.