Silent and Quiet Study Space
There are large silent and quiet study spaces on both the main level and upper level of the Library, overlooking College Hall (south end).
An additional Silent Study space is on the Lower Level in the R-Z book area.
Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms are located on the upper and lower levels and may be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Group Study Rooms are for 2 or more students and are intended for Montclair State University students working on course-related assignments, attending virtual classes, and meetings.
- You may have the room for no more than three hours during regular library hours. Rooms are not available during extended Library hours. If your three hour time period has expired, you or any member of your group must wait at least one hour to reserve another room.
- If at any time we observe that you do not have at least two people in your Group Study Room, you will be asked to vacate the room. If the room becomes unoccupied, all belongings will be removed and placed in the library’s lost and found bin, and the room will be made available to other patrons. Although every attempt will be made to safeguard your belongings, the Library is not responsible for your belongings.
The Library has four collaborative spaces that are available for students to work on group assignments, media projects (using Adobe Creative Suite and other provided software), and/or video conference with other individuals.
- Each space is equipped with: a Sony 4K 65 inch flat screen TV with remote control, whiteboard, Polycom camera, and tabletop Crestron controller pad.
- Air Media is also available in each room (enabling a wireless connection to the system).
- Room 139A also has a green screen.
The Library has five viewing rooms that are available for students to use for viewing videotapes and DVDs.
The Library has three soundproof listening rooms for students to use for listening to CDs, cassettes or LP records.
The Library has a photo studio that is designed for students who need to take photographs which are easily editable.
- The photo studio is equipped with: Nikon D300S digital camera, Nikon D3300 all-purpose lens, Sony HDR-XR550 Handycam, fluorescent lamp lights, photo shooting table (with white tabletop), and chromakey green background. The shooting table is for taking pictures of objects and the green background is for taking photos of individuals or groups of people.