Silent and Quiet Study Space
There are large silent and quiet study spaces on both the main level and upper level of the Library, overlooking College Hall (south end).
An additional Silent Study space is on the Lower Level in the R-Z book area.
Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms are located on the upper and lower levels and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You need at least two group members to come to the Access Services desk (for the upstairs rooms) or the Multimedia Service desk (for the downstairs rooms) and check out the key with your valid Montclair State ID card.
- Group Study Rooms are for groups of 2-6 students.
- You may have the room for no more than three hours during regular Library hours. Rooms are not available during extended Library hours. If your three hour time period has expired, you or any member of your group must wait at least one hour to sign in for another room.
- If at any time we observe that you do not have at least two people in your Group Study Room, you will be asked to vacate the room. If the room becomes unoccupied, all belongings will be removed and placed in the library’s lost and found bin, and the room will be made available to other patrons. Although every attempt will be made to safeguard your belongings, the Library is not responsible for your belongings.
- Please don’t leave the library building with keys to Group Study Rooms.
- Please do not cover the windows on the door.
- Students must lock the door to the room and return the key before leaving the Library. A $5.00 fee will be charged for a lost key.
The Faculty and Graduate Study Room (room 44) is a silent room available for individual work and study, located to the left as you exit the elevator on the lower level, opposite the microfilm collection cabinet.
- Check out the key card from the Multimedia Department Services Counter using your Montclair State ID card.
- If the key card is lost you will be charged a fee equivalent to the Montclair State ID card fee.
- Before you leave the Library, return the card to the Multimedia Department Services Counter. The card must be returned before the Library closes.
The Multimedia Resources Department has five viewing rooms that are available for patrons (with valid Montclair State ID cards) to use for viewing videotapes and DVDs. Priority is given to patrons using Library resources.
The Multimedia Resources Department has three rooms for patrons (with valid Montclair State ID cards) for listening to CDs, cassettes or LP records. Priority is given to Music majors and minors.