Attention: Viewing Room #01, Group Study Room #032, and The Photography Studio #030 will be unavailable for reservation for September 19th, 2023 and the morning of September 20th, 2023. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Silent and Quiet Study Space
There are large silent and quiet study spaces on the upper level of the Library, overlooking Cole Hall (south end) and along the wall opposite the library Dean’s office.
An additional Silent Study space is on the Lower Level in the R-Z book area.
Room 021 is a media classroom that seats up to 32 attendees and may be booked for viewing films. This space must be booked at least 3 business days in advance.
Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms are located on the upper and lower levels and may be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Group Study Rooms are for 2 or more students and are intended for Montclair State University students working on course-related assignments, attending virtual classes, and meetings.
- You may have the room for no more than three hours during regular library hours. Rooms are not available during extended Library hours. If your three hour time period has expired, you or any member of your group must wait at least one hour to reserve another room.
- If at any time we observe that you do not have at least two people in your Group Study Room, you will be asked to vacate the room. If the room becomes unoccupied, all belongings will be removed and placed in the library’s lost and found bin, and the room will be made available to other patrons. Although every attempt will be made to safeguard your belongings, the Library is not responsible for your belongings.
The Library has seven collaborative spaces that are available for students to work on group assignments, media projects (using Adobe Creative Suite and other provided software), and/or video conference with other individuals.
- Rooms 027, 028, and 029 is equipped with: a Sony 4K 65 inch flat screen TV with remote control, whiteboard, Polycom camera, and tabletop Crestron controller pad with Air Media
- The Creative Collaboration Pod and Group Study Pods are equipped with: a Sony 4K 55 inch monitors with remote control, whiteboard walls, and power outlets with UBS ports
The Library has four viewing rooms for viewing videotapes and DVDs or for group study. These rooms may be used by 1 – 3 students.
The Library has four soundproof listening rooms for listening to CDs, cassettes or LP records. These rooms may be used by 1 – 2 students.
The Library has a photography studio that is designed for students who need to take photographs which are easily editable.
- The photography studio is equipped with: fluorescent lamp lights, a photo shooting table (with white tabletop), and a chromakey green background. The shooting table is for taking pictures of objects and the green background is for taking photos of individuals or groups of people.
Commuter Study Space
The Commuter Study Space is a large, bright and inviting room on the south wing of the first floor of the Library.
- The Commuter Study Space has newer furniture, lots of outlets, a large group study table, and some height adjustable tables and is located near the Print and Laptop Lending Lab, and the Center for Academic Success and Tutoring (CAST).