Spring Hours, Services and Spaces
Posted in: Homepage Features, Uncategorized
Welcome to the Spring ’23 semester at Montclair State University! We’re excited for the start of a new semester and have pulled together all the essential library information you’ll need into this post. Contact our Ask a Librarian service if you have any questions.
What’s Required to Enter and What’s New
Masks are optional in the Library.
Complete your daily Hawk Check and follow all CDC and university guidelines as posted. This includes visitors, community members, and alumni.
NEW! Group study rooms, viewing and listening rooms, and collaborative spaces may be reserved in advance, first come, first served.
- Monday — Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8 :00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Note: We have special hours for Spring Recess, Easter Weekend, and finals/end of the semester. See the full calendar of library hours here.
When the Library building is closed, please visit the library website at https://www.montclair.edu/library/ for 24 hour access to our online resources.
What’s Open and Available
- All of our book stacks and study spaces, including all of our group study rooms.
- Borrowing and Interlibrary Services
- Items (books, DVDs, etc.) may be returned at the front desk or through the 24 hour book drop in the entrance to the building.
- Patio pickup continues to be available.
- Print reserves and multimedia reserves
- Interlibrary loans (including print books) can be picked up at the front desk or via Patio Pickup.
- Ask a Librarian in-person and online reference service, including chat, email, text, FAQ and appointments. See reference hours.
- Online and in-person research appointments for faculty, staff and students are held via Zoom or in the library.
- Online workshops and library classes (arranged by instructors) for students on how to do research and use library resources are held over Zoom, in the Library, or in your classroom.
- Laptops, scanners, printing and photocopiers
- Public computers remain available for library research.
What’s Not Available
- See the library status and updates page to keep up to date with the availability of library spaces, services and resources.