Welcome to the Summer ’23 session at Montclair State University! We’re excited for the start of a new session and have pulled together all the essential library information you’ll need into this post. Contact our Ask a Librarian service if you have any questions.
What’s Required to Enter and What’s New
Masks are optional in the Library.
Please follow all CDC and university guidelines as posted. This includes visitors, community members, and alumni.
Group study rooms, viewing and listening rooms, and collaborative spaces may be reserved in advance, first come, first served.
Monday – Thursday
Library Building – Access Services & Study Rooms: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Reference, Online Reference: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
All Services: Closed
Library Building – Access Services & Study Rooms: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Reference, Online Reference: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
All Services: Closed
Monday, May 29 (Memorial Day): Closed
Tuesday, July 4 (Independence Day): Closed
Fridays – May 19 & 26, June 2, July 7, August 18 & 25: Open: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturdays – May 13, 20 & 27, August 26: Closed
When the Library building is closed, please visit the library website at https://www.montclair.edu/library/ for 24 hour access to our online resources.
What’s Open and Available
- All of our book stacks and study spaces, including all of our group study rooms.
- Borrowing and Interlibrary Services
- Ask a Librarian in-person and online reference service, including chat, email, text, FAQ and appointments. See reference hours.
- Online and in-person research appointments for faculty, staff and students are held via Zoom or in the library.
- Online workshops and library classes (arranged by instructors) for students on how to do research and use library resources are held over Zoom, in the Library, or in your classroom.
- Laptops, scanners, printing and photocopiers
- Public computers remain available for library research.
- See the library status and updates page to keep up to date with the availability of library spaces, services and resources.
Photo by Mike Peters.