SDCL is committed to providing our students with a variety of support services, engagement opportunities and resources that will enhance your time here at Montclair State University. Below is a list of those offices/programs that are available for all students while enrolled at Montclair State University.
Your health and well-being are of utmost importance while you are at Montclair State University.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) , Student Health Center, Campus Recreation and Health Promotion services are among the many offices that are focused on student mental and physical wellness.
- Dean of Students Office also offers support and advocacy for all students, especially as they need assistance in navigating our university environment.
- The Disability Resource Center assists students in receiving the accommodations and services necessary to equalize access.
- Montclair State’s University Police Department and Emergency Medical Services (including student EMT’s) are here round the clock to ensure that our campus is safe, well and secure for all of our Montclair State University community members.
Additional support services include:
- The Red Hawk Pantry which assists our students with food-insecurities.
- Rocky’s Closet which features professional clothing that students can access.
- The Red Hawk Recovery Program which fosters an inclusive, affirming, community for students to maintain their recovery from alcohol and drug abuse.
- MSU Cares, a website that provides students with options when they are feeling alone, stressed or in need of assistance.
Student Engagement, Belonging and Inclusion
- The Center for Student Involvement (CSI), provides countless opportunities for students to engage in a variety of clubs, organizations, Greek Life and volunteer work.
- Our Commuter Life office fosters full student engagement activities and resources for our large commuter student population.
- The Office of Student Belonging, pathways and resources for our new students (both freshmen and transfers through our Orientation Program), Military-Affiliated students, First Generation students, and International students.
- Our renown Center for Intercollegiate Athletics provides student athletes with a Division III playing experience and our student community with athletic opportunities to come cheer on fellow students and show their Red Hawk Pride!
- Student Communications provides Montclair State University students opportunities to get involved Team Rocky, our University’s beloved mascot team as well as Hawk Squad, our school-spirited student leadership team who make it their mission to spread the word about events, clubs, organizations and encourage attendance at home sporting events – all of which develop social media campaigns created by our own students on these teams as well as Red Hawk Life.
- The Office for Social Justice and Diversity includes our LGBTQ+ Center, Multicultural Center, the Center for Faith and Spirituality and the Women’s Center) all providing support for students to find their community at Montclair as well as provide education and training for students on issues of race, equity and social justice.
Campus Business Services
Our SDCL division offers dining and retail services for all members of our campus community as well as visitors to Montclair State University including: