Montclair State University has partnered with the Volcker Alliance to join the Next Generation Service Corps (NextGen Service), a national network of 13 higher education institutions committed to preparing undergraduate students for public service. As dean of the Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions at Arizona State University, Montclair President Jonathan Koppell created the Public Service Academy – a first-of-its-kind initiative in higher education that served as the model for NextGen Service Corps. In partnership with the Volcker Alliance, President Koppell was instrumental in creating a national network of schools committed to emulating NextGen Service Corps and the Public Service Academy. Through NextGen Service Corps, President Koppell and the Center for Community Engagement will now implement the framework for Montclair’s diverse University community of 21,000 students.
The NextGen Service Corps fills a critical educational gap by preparing undergraduates from all disciplines for public service careers. This program will help college students develop the values, nimble thinking, and collaborative leadership required for effective public service. The program benefits thousands of students by providing the practical skills and professional networks they need to serve successfully and make change.
The NextGen Service Corps program is currently recruiting students for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Students with a commitment to service who want to be catalysts of change.
- Students who view service as creating and implementing solutions.
- Students who believe in igniting social change through community engagement and experiential learning.
- Students from all majors who want to build a network of like-minded, passionate individuals across the campus community and beyond.
- Be a part of the Founding Cohort for the program
- $2000 Yearly Stipend
- Experiential Learning and Community Service opportunities
- Training and Professional Development
- Incoming First-Year and Sophomores students
- Ability to commit to bi-weekly meetings
- Must be enrolled full-time
For more information contact:
The NextGen Service Corps Program is funded in part by The Volcker Alliance.