DRC registered students use the Accessible Information Management (AIM) online portal to generate the Accommodation Notice each semester and schedule exams in the DRC Testing Center. Registered students will receive access to AIM after completing an intake appointment. If you have any questions regarding your accommodation plan, access to AIM, or would like to discuss further, please contact your DRC Counselor (listed in AIM) or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-655-5431.
Requesting the Accommodation Notice
Each semester registered students must log in to AIM and submit your accommodation requests. The DRC approves requests beginning the week before the course start date. Approvals continue daily during business hours throughout the semester. Please find instructions to assist you while requesting your Accommodation Notice below:
1. Students will use their Net-ID username and password to log-in to AIM.
2. In the left panel, under “My Accommodations”, select “My Eligibility” to view your complete accommodation plan. (Additional Note: Accommodations listed as ‘Internal Only’ will not appear in your Accommodation Notice).
3. Select “My Dashboard” to return to the AIM home page.
4. Scroll to “Step 1: Select Class(es)” and select the checkbox for each class you would like to request accommodations.
5. Click the button labeled “Step 2: Continue to Customize your Accommodations”.
Underneath each class in the area labeled “Select Accommodations”, select the checkboxes for each approved accommodation you would like to receive in each class.
6. Click “Submit your Accommodation Request” to submit your selections.
Once submitted, the DRC will approve requests beginning the week before the course start date. Approvals continue daily during business hours throughout the semester. Once approved, an email stating your name, CWID, course, and accommodations requested will be generated and emailed to both you and your instructors.
Students can view the status of requests in AIM. Select “Summary of Accommodation Request(s)” and select the current semester. Click “View” and scroll to each course. The status of “Scheduled” means your accommodation requests were received and awaiting approval/delivery. The status of “Emailed” means the Notice was emailed to your professor. The date and time of the email delivery is also listed.
Students who are approved for testing accommodations and would like to take an exam or quiz with the DRC Testing Center must schedule the exam/quiz in AIM no less than 3 business days (Monday – Friday) before the exam date. Please see the Alternative Testing Request table below to determine request deadlines.
|If your Quiz/Exam occurs on…||The Request must be completed in AIM on or before the previous…|
To schedule an exam or quiz with the DRC Testing Center, please follow these steps:
- Students will use their Net-ID username and password to log-in to AIM.
- Select “Alternative Testing” (listed under “My Accommodations” on the left side of the screen).
- Select your class from the drop down menu and click, “Schedule an Exam”.
- Enter “Exam Details” with the information for the course and exam (“Request Type”; “Date”; “Time”; “Additional Note”). You must schedule the exam/quiz to occur on the same date and time as the class. DRC will adjust your start time and/or exam date to avoid any course conflicts, when applicable.
- Select “Add Exam Request” to submit your exam request. If you wish to submit an additional exam request, please repeat the above steps.
- You will receive an auto-generated email from AIM confirming receipt of your exam/quiz scheduled with the DRC. If you do not receive an email OR you receive the “Late Request” email, please contact the DRC Main Office immediately at 973-655-5431 or email@example.com.
- On your exam date, please arrive in the DRC Main Office (Cole Hall, Room 331) at least 10 minutes before your start time, when possible. Please Note: If you arrive late, the DRC cannot adjust your exam time. Students who miss a scheduled exam must contact the professor.