Upon issuance of your I-20 you will receive an email confirmation. Please carefully read the below information to retrieve and download your document.
Instructions for Downloading your Electronic I-20:
- Click here and login
- To download and print your I-20:
- Undergraduate students: click the red button titled “Click here to download your I-20/DS-2019″ located below the checklist.
- Graduate students: click on “Next Steps” at the top of the page and then click on the red button below the checklist.
- Click on the hyperlink to view and download/print your I-20.
- Do not forget to sign the bottom of the Form I-20 with a blue pen after printing.
Important: Once you have downloaded your Form I-20, please check it for accuracy and report any discrepancies to our office immediately.
How to Receive a Hard Copy of the I-20 Through the Mail:
As per SEVP guidelines, Montclair State University is allowed to send the I-20 electronically. F-1 students can use the downloaded electronic copy of their I-20 (printed and signed in blue ink) to enter the U.S., but have the option of having the original shipped at their own expense. If you would like to pay to have your I-20 shipped to you, please follow these instructions to complete an e-ship order.
Notes About Your Form I-20:
- The major/program name listed on your Form I-20 may not match exactly the name of your Montclair State major. This is due to the nomenclature used by the federal government and Montclair State to name its programs. More detailed information is available here.
- Student ID numbers are not noted on the I-20.
- SEVIS transfer students: your Form I-20 will show as TRANSFER PENDING. You will receive an updated Form I-20 showing CONTINUED ATTENDANCE after the first week of classes.