Workshops To-Go provides a ready-made program for anyone looking to hold a health-related workshop. Presenters who use Workshop To Go can be confident that they will be sharing up-to-date and accurate health information with their audience.
These specially prepared workshops are designed to meet the increasing need for health-related programs by student groups, especially Resident Assistants. Health Promotion wants to empower you with up to date information, health facts and campus resources. These kits provide step by step instructions on how to effectively facilitate the workshop, along with necessary handouts. To request a Workshops To-Go, contact us to schedule a 15-minute appointment. Here you can pick up the necessary materials and go over the workshop information. Please indicate which workshop you would like at the time of contact.
Please Note: If you would prefer someone from the Health Promotion team to present a program to your class or organization, you may request a Health Promotion speaker with three to four weeks advanced notice.
- Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC): Define terms and& factors affecting BAC, identify alcohol poisoning, and on-campus resources for alcohol-related emergencies.
- Condoms 101: Increase knowledge about condom use and identify steps in using a condom correctly.
- Healthy Relationships: Discuss the expectations for friendship, dating, and intimate relationships and identify characteristics of healthy relationships.
- HIV/AIDS 101: Identify the difference between HIV and AIDS, how HIV is transmitted and methods for prevention and risk reduction.
- Staying In Control – Alcohol Awareness Workshop: Discussion about how to drink responsibly, stay in control if you choose to drink and how to respond to an alcohol-related medical emergency.
- Stress Management: Identify personal stressors and discuss stress management techniques, including a guided meditation.