As part of Request a Health Promotion Speaker, a staff member from the Office of Health Promotion will present an approximately 45-minute program to your class or organization. Due to scheduling our staff, please request a Health Promotion Speaker with three to four weeks advance notice.
- Responsible Decision Making: Standard Program for New Student Seminar classes – Interactive program covering basic facts about alcohol, drugs and safer sex practices, along with a discussion on the implications of high-risk drinking and available resources.
- Healthy Relationships: Identify and discuss characteristics of healthy relationships and ways to handle difficult relationship issues.
- Body Image: Examine individual, societal, cultural and media factors that contribute to body image and examine behavioral changes as a result of body image.
- Blood Alcohol Content Awareness: Define terms and factors affecting BAC, identify impact and resources.
- Stress Management: Define terms, identify stressors, learn techniques to manage stress.
- Safer Sex: Identify high-risk sexual behaviors, understand how to use various forms of contraception, identify resources.
- Sleep: Identify and discuss sleep myths and facts, sleep deprivation, sleep cycles, and tips to improve sleep habits.
- About the Office of Health Promotion: This fifteen-minute overview highlights what the Office of Health Promotion does, how to get involved, and how to contact us.