Health Promotion provides education, outreach and advocacy to enhance the health of all students, faculty and staff. This is accomplished through advances in health promotion theory and research, excellence in health education practices and the promotion of public policies conducive to health.
We strive to:
- Eliminate health disparities in the student population
- Increase culturally competent health promotion services
- Utilize best practices in health promotion and disease prevention
- Describe the relationships between health status, student retention and academic success
- Utilize theoretical and evidence-based methods of health promotion