It’s been a pleasure serving the Montclair community online since March, but we are happy to announce that the library building will be reopening August 17 at 8am with extra safety precautions in place, reconfigured seating and a reduced seating capacity. Only MSU faculty, staff and students can enter our building and must present a current MSU ID card. Please be patient as we reopen. We will continue to quarantine all returned library materials for 4 days.
7 days a week
8am – 7pm Monday through Thursday
8am – 4pm Fridays
12pm – 5pm Saturdays
12pm – 5pm Sundays
What’s required to enter
- Must show a current MSU ID card to enter
- Must follow all CDC and university guidelines as posted and signed
- Must wear face coverings and practice social distancing
- No eating will be allowed in the library
What’s Open and Available
- 1st floor study space and 1st floor silent study spaces are open, except for the reference/legal area and reference/legal collection
- Borrowing and Interlibrary Services
- Staff will retrieve requested materials and bring them to the front desk in the lobby for patrons where in-person checkout is available
- Patio pickup of requested library materials
- Self-checkout machines in the library lobby
- BookScan stations and Printing Services
- Print reserves and multimedia reserves
- Interlibrary loans (including print books) can be picked up at the front desk or via Patio Pickup.
- Ask a Librarian chat, email, text, FAQ and appointments all remain online
- Online research appointments for faculty, staff and students are held via Zoom
- Online workshops and library classes (arranged by instructors) for students on how to do research and use library resources are held over Zoom
- Public computers remain available for library research
- Services to users with disabilities continue to be available. Contact Steve Shapiro.
- Services for users of the government documents collection are available by appointment. Contact Darren Sweeper, Government Documents Librarian.
- Request forms to request books, ebooks, streaming video and more
What’s Not Available
- Laptop lending
- Group study rooms, the Faculty-Graduate Reading Room
- 2nd floor or lower level public access to the stacks
- Staff will retrieve requested items from the stacks and bring them to the desk in the library lobby
- In-person library classes and instruction. Book an online session instead.
- In-person research appointments. Book an online appointment instead.
- In-person library workshops. Register for an online workshop instead.
- Physical access to the library for faculty, staff and students without a current MSU ID card
- Public access to the library for non-MSU users (e.g., community borrowers, MSU family borrowers, alumni). These patrons can use our patio pickup service as applicable.
- Listening rooms, viewing rooms, photo studio, collaborative spaces or other equipment for lending.
- Museum passes
- Vending machines
- Late night or extended hours