MSU students, faculty, staff, alumni, community members, and other borrowers will be able to place hold requests and pick up books from the Library through this service. Here is how it works:
- Request your books via our website www.montclair.edu/library*. No more than 10 books may be requested at a time. If you need assistance locating a title, please use our Ask A Librarian Service.
- After you place your request, we will retrieve the books for you. Depending on when you place your request and the volume of requests we receive, we will start working on your request that day or the following work day.
- Wait to receive an email notifying you when your books are ready for pick up. They’ll be available for 10 days after you get that notification.
- Come to the Library during pick up hours. Do not come to the Library if you have not received a pick up notification.
- When you are at the library entrance call us at 973-655-4288. Please wear a mask.
Your books will already be checked out and placed in a bag with a due date receipt inside the bag. When you’re done with your books, you can return them to our 24-hour book drop
When is Patio Pickup available?
Monday – Thursday 10 AM – 4 PM, and Friday 10 AM – 3 PM when the building is open. Please check library hours before making arrangements to pickup your books.
There are no weekend Patio Pickup hours at this time.
*Non-MSU patrons may call (973-655-4288) or use email (email@example.com) to place their requests.