Spring Services and Calendar
From Monday, February 8, 2021 through Friday May 21, 2021:
The Library is open 8 am – 7 pm Monday through Thursday, 8 am – 4 pm on Fridays, and 12 noon – 5 pm Saturday and Sunday.
Check out all the library hours.
Note: Departmental hours may vary. You should consult the library hours page for departmental hours.
What’s required to enter
Library users must:
- Show a current MSU ID card and a completed MSU Hawk Check
- Pass a temperature check
- Follow all CDC and university guidelines as posted
- Wear face coverings and practice social distancing
Note: No eating is allowed in the library
What’s Open and Available
- 1st floor study space and 1st floor silent study spaces are open, except for the reference/legal area and reference/legal collection.
- Borrowing and Interlibrary Services
- Staff will retrieve requested materials (books and other print materials) and bring them to the front desk in the lobby for patrons where in-person checkout is available. DVDs and other media items are checked out on the Lower Level.
- Items (books, DVDs, etc.) may be returned at the desk or through the 24 hour book drop in the entrance to the building.
- Patio pickup of requested library materials is available.
- Print reserves and multimedia reserves
- Interlibrary loans (including print books) can be picked up at the front desk or via Patio Pickup.
- BookScan stations, photocopiers, and printing services
- In person Reference services (see hours) are available. Ask a Librarian chat, email, text, FAQ and appointments all remain online.
- Online research appointments for faculty, staff and students are held via Zoom.
- Online workshops and library classes (arranged by instructors) for students on how to do research and use library resources are held over Zoom.
- Public computers remain available for library research.
- Services to users with disabilities continue to be available. Contact Steve Shapiro.
- Services for users of the government documents collection are available by appointment. Contact Darren Sweeper, Government Documents Librarian.
- Request forms to request books, ebooks, streaming video, Course Reserves and more
What’s Not Available
- Laptop lending
- Group study rooms, the Faculty-Graduate Reading Room
- 2nd floor or lower level public access to the stacks
- Staff will retrieve requested items from the stacks and bring them to the desk in the library lobby.
- In-person library classes and instruction. Book an online session instead.
- In-person library workshops. Register for an online workshop instead.
- Public access to the library for non-MSU users (e.g., community borrowers, MSU family borrowers, alumni, VALE borrowers). These patrons can use our patio pickup service as applicable.
- Listening rooms, viewing rooms, photo studio, collaborative spaces or other equipment for lending.