- What are electronic reserves?
- Electronic reserves (E-reserves) are linked in your Canvas course.
- How do I access electronic reserves?
- For chapters and articles, log into Canvas and look for the folder labeled Reserve Readings under Files in Canvas. eReserves items may also be linked within your course syllabus in Canvas. Some eReserves are eBooks and streaming media that you can locate in the library catalog. If you can’t find the item that you are looking for, ask your instructor.
Print Reserves have limited availability during the current public health crisis (COVID-19). Please check the online reserves catalog to see if your title is available as an eBook. Some materials have been added to your Canvas course as an eReserve.
- What are print reserves?
- A temporary collection (e.g. books, lecture notes, sample exams, study guides, problem sets) of short term checkouts selected by the instructor.
- They are located behind the library Access Services Desk in the lobby on the Main Level.
- How do I access print reserves?
- Students can search the online reserves catalog by instructor last name, course name or course number to identify the reserve number (e.g. Reserves B345) or call number (e.g. ML3920 .D48 2011)
- Go to the library Access Services Desk with a valid Montclair State ID to check out.
- Two (2) items can be borrowed simultaneously. Reserves on two (2) hour loans may not be removed from the Library.
- Reserves must be returned to the Access Services Desk.
The Multimedia Reserves service is suspended during the current public health crisis (COVID-19). Some materials may be available as streaming media. Please check the online reserves catalog for more information. Some materials have been added to your Canvas course as streaming media items.
- What are multimedia reserves?
- A multimedia item (DVD, video, etc.) in high demand that is circulated for a shorter time.
- How do I access multimedia reserves?
- Go to the library Multimedia Resources Desk located on the Lower Level with a valid Montclair State ID to check out.
- Two (2) items can be borrowed simultaneously. Reserves on two hour loans may not be removed from the Library.
- Reserves must be returned to the Multimedia Resources Desk.