All summer guests are housed in residence halls. Montclair State University is home to 22 residence halls, capable of housing 5,200 individuals. Halls range from traditional facilities to suites and apartments.
Important Note: While most of our facilities are ADA compliant, please arrange for accessible housing prior to arrival.
- Suite units have a combination of single and double rooms sharing a common bathroom.
- All suites are air-conditioned.
- Suites house two people.
- The Heights serves as our suite-style residence complex.
- Apartments have a combination of single and double rooms sharing common bathroom and living space as well as kitchens with a stove and refrigerator (microwaves, dishes, pots, pans and utensils are not included).
- All apartments are air-conditioned.
- Apartments house four people.
- The Village Apartments serves as apartment-style residence complex.
What to Expect in Your Room When You Arrive
- Each bedroom is equipped with a twin extra-long bed, wardrobe, desk and chair for each participant assigned to the room.
- We provide one pillow, one pillowcase, one flat sheet, one fitted sheet, one blanket, one face towel, one hand towel and one full body towel. There are free laundry facilities in every residence hall to wash bedding and towels at any time. Standard linen service is an option for a fee.
- Daily housekeeping service is not provided. (Rooms are cleaned prior to a group’s arrival.)
- Common areas (bathrooms, lounges) are cleaned daily.
Every residence hall has a laundry room with washing machines and dryers available at no additional charge.
- Each residence hall has a service desk where our friendly staff can help:
- Check in and check out
- Obtain general information about campus
- Pick up and return room keys/access cards
- Pick up parking passes
- Report maintenance and other inconveniences
- Provide free wireless log in information
- Phone numbers for each primary service desk can obtained during check-in