Photo of University Hall
Sociology

Brooke O’Donnell, Class of 2019

Posted in: Alumni

Photo of Brooke O'Donnell

Hi, my name is Brooke and I am entering my final semester in the Masters of Social Research and Analysis Program at MSU. I am an editorial associate for the editor of Contemporary Sociology, Yasemin Besen-Cassino. Contemporary Sociology reviews the most recent and relevant research and books on a range of topics related to sociology.  I have recently noticed the skills I am acquiring from this program. I find myself getting excited over simple things like writing my own code or coming up with a good survey question. Choosing graduate school is an important decision. As students, we want assurance that our time, dedication, and money are going to get us a job at the end of it all. I believe that the skills we are learning from this program are designed to help us fit the needs of our current labor market. The sociology staff is really genuine and you can tell they want to help you personally succeed. As always, thank you to my dad for being my constant motivation and my family & friends for all the support.