Did you know that as an undergraduate you can begin your Master’s Degree before you graduate? There are two ways!
- Join the combined program (as a sociology, mathematics, or economics major) and earn a Master’s Degree in Social Research and Analysis with just one additional year of study. This saves both cost & time.
- Or take up to two graduate courses before earning your Bachelor’s if you have a 3.0 GPA and 105 credits completed.
Combined program students take 4 graduate courses in their senior year. This fulfills the requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Data Collection and Management. Stop at this point, or go on to complete the Master of Arts in Social Research and Analysis in just one more year.
Additionally, our courses are offered in two different modalities:
- Option 1: Hybrid – Take a mix of On-Campus Face-to-Face and Online Courses
- Option 2: Online – Take all your classes fully Online from wherever you are
Admission Requirements for the Combined Program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation.
- Resume: A current resume is not required, but applicants are encouraged to include one.
- Statement of Purpose – Please write an integrated essay providing a response to each of the following questions:
- What are your goals for graduate study and your future career?
- In what ways do your academic background and your professional experiences provide evidence of your potential for success in the program you selected and in your eventual career? Please give specific examples of relevant coursework and/or experience.
- Is there any further information we should consider in assessing your candidacy?
To learn more visit the Sociology/Social Research and Analysis (Combined BA/MA) page, the Mathematics/Social Research and Analysis (Combined BS/MA) page, or the Economics/Social Research and Analysis (Combined BA/MA) page.