Welcome to University College, Class of 2026!
Welcome to Montclair State University and to University College (UC), your academic home as a pre-major (undeclared) student! We are excited to welcome you to campus and look forward to helping you explore all your academic options on your path toward choosing a major.
As you prepare for your academic journey as a pre-major student in the fall, we invite you to connect with us for our Summer Exploration Days throughout June and July, leading up to your Orientation Experience in August.
We have a lot planned for you this summer and hope you take advantage of these opportunities. Learn more about what you can look forward to below.
- All new and incoming University College students will have an invitation to join our online community sent to their Montclair email beginning Wednesday, June 1.
- Log in to Canvas using your NetID and password to accept the invite.
- Here, you will find resources our advising team has hand-selected for you as a new UC student, including tools on how to read your first semester schedule and Degree Audit, explore majors, check out our events and more!
- Beginning Tuesday, June 21, different members of our team will be taking over our Instagram every Tuesday this summer to answer any questions you may have before your first day of classes and to introduce you to campus!
- Tune in to learn more about your time in UC and at Montclair, what to expect in your first semester as a new Red Hawk and more!
- Follow us on Instagram, @msu_uc!
- Incoming freshmen can earn up to 7 credits for free this summer through the Summer Bridge Program.
- The Program runs Tuesday, July 5 – Thursday, August 4.
- All month long, you’ll be able to get a jump-start on your degree and college experience, connect with your fellow pre-major and first-year peers through programs and workshops, get the opportunity to live on campus and more!
- Learn More and Register Today.
- The deadline to register is Wednesday, June 1.
- Tuesday, July 12, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m., Zoom
- Join us as we introduce you to your fall 2022 schedule, introduce you to the courses you’re registered for and explore why you’re registered for them. Here, you’ll learn more about General Education and graduation requirements, navigate your Degree Audit and gain an understanding of what you might learn this fall.
- Please note: you will not be able to make changes to your schedule at this time.
- Registration is required; the Zoom link to join will be sent once you register.
- Register Here.
Before you get here, there are a few steps you need to take before your first day, including:
- Complete the Freshman Student Checklist!
- Connect with your Academic Advisor.
- Your Academic Advisor will be assigned to you in June and will be reaching out to you via your Montclair email. You will have the opportunity to meet with your advisor throughout the summer, beginning in July.
For questions about our Summer Exploration Days, please contact us.