Summer Bridge Scholars Program
Incoming freshmen are eligible to participate in Montclair State University’s Summer Bridge Scholars Program and earn up to seven degree credits. The 2024 program is tentatively scheduled for June 30th to August 1st. More information will be shared by April 2024. We expect to offer a residential and commuter option.
The 2024 Summer Bridge Scholars Program is designed for incoming first year scholars and runs from June 30th to August 1st.
Summer Bridge is designed to prepare our students for college success and readiness. The program will give students the advantage of becoming acclimated with the University, prior to their first semester officially beginning this fall, while earning credits that will count towards their degree.
Students enrolled in the program will:
- Get a jump start on their college experience by earning up to 7 college degree credits.
- Gain valuable skills and experiences for success in college and beyond.
- Participate in workshops and co-curricular programming through a series of topics including health and wellness, financial literacy, and soft skills for college students.
- Engage with outstanding faculty, staff, and current students
- Receive cost free books and course materials
- Get the opportunity to live on campus with housing and meals covered.
- Meet and get oriented with other new Red Hawks!
The 5-Week Summer Bridge Scholars Program is for incoming, deposited freshmen students for Fall 2024. Please note: Nursing majors, Educational Opportunity Fund Scholars, and Health Careers Program students are not eligible for this program.
Please check back in April for registration information.