Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I get an Alumni ID card?

You can request a card by completing the Update Your Information form online or by calling the Office of Alumni Relations at 973-655-4141.

You may also print an alumni ID card by signing into Perks Connect.

If you plan to come to campus to use facilities such as Sprague Library or the Computer Lab located on the fifth floor of University Hall, please obtain a campus photo I.D. card (there is a small fee of $5.00 to cover the cost of the card). Once you have your printed ID card, visit the I.D. Card Office in the Student Center, First Floor (behind the Computer Lab).

 I.D. Card Office Hours

  • Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday -- 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • Thursday -- 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Please bring your printed card as verification of your alumni status.

Please note: In the event your photo ID card is lost, stolen or damaged, there is a replacement fee of $20.00 for new card.

Q: How do I announce my news or accomplishments for classmates to see?

A: We invite you to post your news and accomplishments to the Class Notes page of MONTCLAIRconnect.

To have your entry included in a future Class Notes section of Montclair, the magazine of Montclair State University, please submit your class notes to: Be sure to include your full name, year of graduation, and daytime phone number.

 Q: How do I obtain my password or access code for online career tools?

A: To obtain this password and information on other career tools, please log on to MONTCLAIRconnect,  the online community. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 973-655-4141.

Q: How can I get a replacement Diploma?

A: Simply send a $45 check or money order, payable to Montclair State University, to: Office of the Registrar, Montclair State University, 1 Normal Ave., Montclair, NJ 07043. To contact the office, call 973-655-4376.

All replacement diplomas are issued bearing the name of Montclair State University, the date of the original graduation and the signatures of the current Montclair State University President and Board of Trustees Chairperson. Learn more about requesting a replacement diploma by visiting:

Q: How do I obtain a copy of my transcript?

A: Official copies of your transcript are available through the Office of the Registrar. Transcript request forms are available online at

Q: Does Montclair State University provide lifetime email addresses for alumni?

A: Alumni can sign up for a free lifetime email forwarding address through MONTCLAIRconnect. Log on to get your email address today. Just choose your mail name, enter your forwarding email address, and confirm your permanent email settings.

Q: How can I get in touch with former classmates?

A: You may search the exclusive Alumni Directory in MONTCLAIRconnect by name, class year, major, company, and more. You may also submit your "Find A Friendrequest by email or by calling 973-655-4141.

Please note that the privacy of our alumni is very important to us and we have a strict policy regarding inquiries. We do not release personal information about our graduates. However, if we have current contact information for the person you are trying to find, we are happy to send an email or a letter on your behalf with your contact information. This gives them the opportunity to contact you if they wish, while still maintaining their privacy.

Q: Where can I park on campus?

A: All visitors to campus are directed to park in the Red Hawk Parking Deck for a nominal hourly fee. The Red Hawk Deck is located to the left of College Hall. A campus shuttle bus is available to take you from the deck to your campus destination. If you have any questions about parking on campus, please see the Parking Services home page or call 973-655-5223.

Q: As a graduate of Montclair State University, can I use the recreational facilities on campus?

A: Alumni can take advantage of the faculty/staff membership rate to the state-of-the art Student Recreation Center on campus.  The recreation center features a variety of collaborative recreational offerings, including Fitness and Group Exercise, Intramural Sports, Special Events, Off-Campus Trips, Sport Clubs, Co-Sponsorships, and more. For membership information and Recreation Center Hours, please visit the Recreation Center website.

Q: How can I purchase a class ring?

A: Alumni interested in purchasing a class ring can contact Dave Handal '86, Regional Manager, Commemorative Brands, inc., Balfour at their website, or at Montclair State Class Rings.