Alumni Perks and Events
We look forward to welcoming the class of 2021 to the alumni community. Here are some ways to for you to stay connected:
Special Events for the Class of 2021:
- Beginning Your Career: An Alumni Panel: Learn about what employers are looking for in a candidate so that you can be well prepared as you kick off your job search! Join us for tips on how to elevate your career. Three Montclair State alumni will share how to best present yourself in an interview and how you can make the best start in a new job.Hosted by the Office of Alumni Engagement, this virtual Zoom event will feature talent management professionals Keesha Chavis ’97, ’03 MA, Chris Fitzpatrick ’04 and Bisrat ‘Bis’ Mekbeb ’01.
- Class of 2021 Networking / Trivia: As your time as a student at Montclair State University comes to an end, let us be the first to celebrate you and your accomplishments! Join the Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving for a celebration of the Class of 2021! The event will include trivia, prizes and a special opportunity to celebrate yourself and your classmates’ accomplishments. We hope to see you there to celebrate joining the Montclair State Alumni family! Tell us what you’re up to after graduation! Or, share a note of congrats to a friend or fellow graduate. These messages will be shared during the program! Please note messages will be reviewed and possibly edited for clarity, length and format.
- June 2 – 1:00 – 4:30 p.m. – Job Search Boot Camp: Join the Office of Alumni Engagement for an informative Professional Development Boot Camp with Career Coach, Rob Hellmann. The program will have two different webinars that cover everything from resumes and LinkedIn profiles to mastering a successful interview. As you begin your post-graduation career, this is an event you don’t want to miss!
- Session 1: 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Break: 2:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- Session 2: 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
About Robert Hellmann
Robert Hellmann, President of Hellmann Career Consulting, has helped over 1,000 individuals to achieve career and job-search success and dozens of organizations to improve effectiveness via career and executive coaching, workshops and outplacement services.
Rob has been in full-time private practice since 2008. He’s been certified by GetFive as a Senior Career and Executive Coach and by LinkedIn as a Certified Professional Recruiter. In addition to the many seminars he’s delivered for MSU, he also has affiliations with the graduate business schools at both Columbia University and Cornell University via his inclusion in their highly selective networks of career coaches they recommend to alumni and has taught as an adjunct at NYU.
Rob is a regular contributor to Forbes. His career insights have also appeared in media outlets such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, CBS News, ABC News, NBC News and many others. Books Rob has authored include Advanced LinkedIn: For Your Job Search, Business and Career, Peak Presentations, Your Social Media Job Search and The Social Media Boost, and has contributed three chapters to GetFive’s book Work Smarts on leadership, performance management, and mentoring.
Prior to his coaching career, Rob had two decades of experience in management roles at top-tier employers, including American Express, JP Morgan Chase, and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. He has an MBA in Finance from Fordham University and a BS in Economics/Math from Binghamton University.
Sign on to the newly redesigned online alumni community, MONTCLAIRconnect, to access career resources, find a mentor, explore affinity groups, search the directory of fellow alumni, create an email account, view the calendar of events, and more!
Free Alumni Gmail Address
Now you can have a free permanent email account that NEVER changes and is affiliated with your alma mater! Sign onto MONTCLAIRconnect to create a personalized Montclair State email account that you can use to send and receive emails! Don’t forget, your student email will expire within a few months after graduation! For more information on moving your student email account to the alumni email account please look here.
We are currently in the process of revamping and improving this service and hope to have the platform restored by early June. If you are interested in utilizing this service once we re-launch, please complete this brief survey, and we will reach out to as soon as it becomes available again.
As Montclair State alumni, you have access to a broad portfolio of career resources. Take advantage of the resources and services available to you and start connecting today. View recorded webinars and workshops, access Hire a Red Hawk, join our LinkedIn group, and more!
Check your inbox for invitations to upcoming alumni events and activities! Full calendar of events.
Visit our website to read all about your alumni benefits, resources, and news. And, be sure to follow us on social media to stay up to date on all things alumni! For more information, contact the Office of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement at 973-655-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.