The Spring 2016 events and workshops schedule will be released soon!
Throughout the academic year The Center for Career Services hosts a variety of events and workshops to help you enhance your professional skills, network with employers and industry experts and develop a strategy to obtain a job or an internship.
Careers and Coffee
Date: Monday, December 7, 2015
Time: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Location: Student Center - 417
Join us for our monthly informal roundtable where we openly discuss career-related topics. Networking is key to discovering the hidden job market. This month, we'll discuss how to leverage your contacts through proper networking techniques. Light refreshments will be served. Registration is required.
Who Should Attend:
This event is free and open to all students and alumni.
- The Career Development Process – learn how to choose your major and a career direction
- Resume Writing – learn to write a traditional resume, the basis for all other resumes
- Writing the e-resume for the web – see examples of key words, correct font usage, correct formats and more
- Improving your interviewing skills
- Networking – learn the art of building alliances both in person and online
- Finding a job in tough times! Hints for surviving in this market!
- Using LinkedIn and Twitter for the job hunt
- Become a Career Directions "power user"!
- plus more