Throughout the academic year, the Center hosts a variety of events and workshops to help you enhance your professional skills, network with employers and industry experts and develop a strategy to obtain a job or an internship. Continue to check back for more workshops!
Are You Linkedin or Left Out?
Come hear from the Center for Career Services on how to best leverage Linkedin. Linkedin gives us unprecedented access to people, employers and opportunities. This social media giant provides a professional platform for interacting with those in our field, ultimately expanding our contacts. Employers benefit as well in that they're given a look at our virtual footprint, which is critical to maintaining a professional online presence.
Who Should Attend:
This event is open to all students and alumni.
Careers and Coffee
Date: Monday, November 14, 2016
Time: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Location: Student Center - 417
November Topic: Know Thyself - Self-Assessment Options
Unsure of what you’d like to study at MSU? Are you interested finding out what you’d like to do with your major? Attend this informal roundtable discussion to find out about the self-assessment options available to you.
Coffee and cookies will be served.
Who Should Attend
This event is free and open to all students and alumni.
Alumni Job Search Fall 2016 Series
Join us for our free job search series! Individual workshops will focus on job search correspondence, job searching techniques and taking advantage of Linkedin. Bring your comments and questions! Registration is required, seating is limited.
Location: Student Center, room 419
- The Career Development Process – learn how to choose your major and a career direction
- Resume Writing – learn to write a traditional resume, the basis for all other resumes
- Writing the e-resume for the web – see examples of key words, correct font usage, correct formats and more
- Improving your interviewing skills
- Networking – learn the art of building alliances both in person and online
- Finding a job in tough times! Hints for surviving in this market!
- Using LinkedIn and Twitter for the job hunt
- plus more