What is Handshake?
Handshake is the #1 place employers recruit college students and new grads. The system utilizes machine learning to offer you job and internship recommendations based on your personal career interests and goals. Handshake empowers you to build your network by facilitating connections with employers, career advisors, alumni, and peers. Log into your Handshake account to:
- Schedule career advising appointments
- Find on- and off-campus jobs, internships, and career opportunities from worldwide employers
- View and register for upcoming career fairs and events
- Receive personal feedback on resumes and cover letters
- Access resources on career development topics, such as resumes, interviewing, LinkedIn, and more!
- Connect with students, alumni, and employers
Handshake How To’s
- Book a Career Counseling Appointment
- Complete Your Handshake Profile
- Upload Your Resume and Other Documents
- Search and Apply for Jobs
- RSVP for Upcoming Events
- Network with Employers
Montclair State University Career Services posts jobs, internships, and events for the convenience of students. While job and internship postings on Handshake are reviewed and approved by career services, we cannot 100% verify the authenticity of any job/internship offer and/or compensation agreement. A job posting in Handshake does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Information provided in each job posting is based entirely on the information provided by the employer. Participating employers are responsible for being aware of the laws pertaining to their job postings and adhere to the job posting policies set forth by the University. Candidates are responsible for verifying the information contained in these ads. Students should learn how to identify and avoid job scams, and use caution when applying for or accepting any position. Please report any problem you experience with an employer to email@example.com.
If you are having trouble logging into Handshake or having an issue while using Handshake, please open a help desk ticket. Please submit the following information via email by clicking the link below:
- Status (current student or alum)
- Graduation Year
- Program of Study
- Phone Number
- Summary of Issue