The perks of being a Red Hawk don’t stop at graduation! We offer career planning resources for Montclair State alumni, along with ways you can help fellow Red Hawks in their career development.
Attend Career Events and Workshops
Build Your Resume and Practice Interviewing
Through your Hire a Red Hawk Alumni account, you have access to resources to help prepare you for your job search!
- Resume Builder: Allows you to create a resume and/or cover letter utilizing a template that best matches your experience level or the profession are you pursuing.
- Job Scan: An online resource that allows you to assess the effectiveness of your resume. You can upload your resume and a job description to calculate your match rate based on skill, job title, education, etc.
- Focus-2: A self-paced, online career and education planning tool designed to help you make decisions about career goals and education plans. You will be able to assess your values, skills and interests and explore career fields and major areas of study that are compatible with your assessment results. Use the access code “Redhawk” to register!
- Mock Interviews: A free tool available in Hire a Red Hawk designed to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence. This feature allows you to video-record your answers and submit the recordings for feedback.
Search for Jobs
To keep you abreast of the career opportunities available to the Montclair State Community, Career Services offers the following resources:
- Hire a Red Hawk – Alumni: An online job database for all Montclair State alumni.
- Career Fairs: Throughout the year, we host several industry-cluster fairs to provide you with an opportunity to network with employers from your area of interest.
- Information Sessions: Employers come to campus to provide information about their organization and available career opportunities.
- Online Resources: A list of online resources to help you with company and salary research, networking tools and job boards.
Help Fellow Red Hawks
The advice and guidance that alumni can provide to current students are invaluable. We offer many opportunities that connect students with alumni.
- Job/Internship Posting: Alumni seeking to hire Montclair State students may advertise opportunities free of charge.
- Guest Speaker Program and Other Student Engagement: We invite alumni to come to campus and share their real-world advice.
The Montclair State alumni network is a powerful group of more than 130,000 fellow Red Hawks in virtually every profession, across all 50 states, and in more than 75 countries worldwide. MONTCLAIRconnect is the online community exclusive to Montclair State alumni. Tap into your alumni network!