The perks of being a Red Hawk don’t stop at graduation! We offer career planning resources for Montclair State alumni, along with ways you can help fellow Red Hawks in their career development.
Services are available for people who are undecided about what they want to do, for those wanting to change careers and for those happy in their career choice but are dealing with workplace issues (e.g., stress, issues with co-workers). Career counseling includes:
- Exploring personal values, interests and cultural factors affecting one’s career decisions
- Identifying strengths and career goals
- Participating in career searches
- Maneuvering through career transition
Career counseling is offered to alumni through Montclair State’s Community Counseling Clinic. To learn more and book an appointment, please call 973-655-3600.
Through your Hire a Red Hawk Alumni account, you have access to resources to help prepare you for your job search!
- Resume Builder: Allows you to create a resume and/or cover letter utilizing a template that best matches your experience level or the profession are you pursuing.
- Job Scan: An online resource that allows you to assess the effectiveness of your resume. You can upload your resume and a job description to calculate your match rate based on skill, job title, education, etc.
- Focus-2: A self-paced, online career and education planning tool designed to help you make decisions about career goals and education plans. You will be able to assess your values, skills and interests and explore career fields and major areas of study that are compatible with your assessment results. Use the access code “Redhawk” to register!
- Mock Interviews: A free tool available in Hire a Red Hawk designed to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence. This feature allows you to video-record your answers and submit the recordings for feedback.
To keep you abreast of the career opportunities available to the Montclair State Community, Career Services offers the following resources:
- Hire a Red Hawk – Alumni: An online job database for all Montclair State alumni.
- Career Fairs: Throughout the year, we host several industry-cluster fairs to provide you with an opportunity to network with employers from your area of interest.
- Information Sessions: Employers come to campus to provide information about their organization and available career opportunities.
- GetFive’s Career Insider Program: GetFive has arranged for all Montclair State University alumni to receive free career management tools when you sign up on their website, as well as a 10% discount on The Career Insider Program. The Career Insider Program offers unique digital tools and coaching in a value-oriented package. Use the promo code “gohawks”.
- Online Resources: A list of online resources to help you with company and salary research, networking tools and job boards.
The advice and guidance that alumni can provide to current students are invaluable. We offer many opportunities that connect students with alumni.
- Job/Internship Posting: Alumni seeking to hire Montclair State students may advertise opportunities free of charge.
- Guest Speaker Program and Other Student Engagement: We invite alumni to come to campus and share their real-world advice.
The Montclair State alumni network is a powerful group of more than 130,000 fellow Red Hawks in virtually every profession, across all 50 states, and in more than 75 countries worldwide. MONTCLAIRconnect is the online community exclusive to Montclair State alumni. Tap into your alumni network!