There are two employment programs available for students on campus:
- Federal Work Study (FWS): This is a federally supported employment program for students who are eligible based on the FAFSA. If you are a recipient of financial aid, you may be eligible to receive Federal Work Study funds. Check if you have FWS funds.
- Student Assistant (SA): This is a University employment program. View eligibility requirements for SA employment.
Federal Work Study (FWS)
A federally funded, college-administered program that allows you to earn a specific amount of money to help with college costs.
Check if you have Federal Work Study funds:
- Log on to NEST.
- Click on the Financial Aid tab.
- Click on Financial Aid Awards.
- Choose the appropriate academic year and click Submit.
- If you have Federal Work Study it will be listed with a dollar amount on this page.
If you have Federal Work Study funds, you should apply for on-campus positions that are designated for FWS students, although you may apply for Student Assistant positions, as well.
If a student has not submitted a timesheet and/or has not obtained employment by October for fall enrollees or by March for spring enrollees, their work study award will be canceled. Please Note: If an award is canceled, it will be offered to another student. Your award offer will be canceled for the semester and/or academic year.
Student Assistant (SA)
A program that offers on-campus, part-time jobs if you do not qualify for FWS.
Student Assistant Eligibility
- All students must maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Undergraduate students must maintain a minimum of nine credits per semester
- Graduate students must maintain a minimum of six credits per semester
- SA employment cannot exceed 20 hours per week
Students without Federal Work Study funds may apply for jobs designated for Student Assistants.
Student Employment Compensation
Compensation for on-campus employment is determined by each department. View the compensation scale provided by Financial Aid. Please read the Statement on Ethical Conduct prior to your on-campus employment.
Finding an On-Campus Job
On and off-campus employers post jobs, internships and other opportunities can be found via your My Hire a Red Hawk account. To find on-campus student employment postings, click Jobs > Search, then type “On-Campus Student Employment” in the search bar.