Partner with Career Services
Career Services assists students with all stages of their professional development. Partnerships between faculty and Career Services are fundamental to student success and career readiness. Career Services provides information and services you can use to better assist your students with their career exploration and preparation needs.
Direct Students to Hire a Red Hawk
Hire a Red Hawk is an easy-to-use career services management tool that allows students to search and apply for jobs and internships, view upcoming career events, schedule career counseling appointments and on-campus interviews, and search organizations that recruit at Montclair State University. Students can access their Hire a Red Hawk account through NEST.
Promote Career Resources to Students
We encourage students to take full advantage of the online career resources available to them. Help promote the following resources available through Hire a Red Hawk:
- Resume Critiques are available for all current students. They simply need to upload your resume to Hire a Red Hawk and it will be routed to the appropriate career services office for review and feedback.
- Mock Interviews is a free, online tool designed to help improve interview technique and build confidence. This feature allows students to video-record answers and submit the recordings for feedback.
- Career Explorer integrates with the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online to allow students to assess their interests and discover career options.
- Career Finder is a series of questions designed to help students determine their interests and how they relate to the world of work.
- Focus-2 is a self-paced, online career and education assessment tool designed to assists students in making decisions about career goals and education plans.
Become a Co-op Faculty Advisor
Faculty members play a critical role in maintaining the academic integrity of the Cooperative Education program. As an advisor, you are responsible for developing the learning agreement, assessing learning outcomes, and communicating with the worksite supervisor. Contact your career services office to learn more!
Classroom Presentations and Workshops
Career services and employers from a variety of industries are always looking for new ways to connect with students. If you are interested in adding career topics into your course and/or student organization meeting, please contact your career services office.
Attend Career Services Events
We welcome faculty to attend, and encourage their students to attend, our career services events, such as career fairs, information sessions and workshops. These events are wonderful networking and professional development opportunities for students. View upcoming events.
Increase Employment Opportunities
Encourage your professional contacts to post their career and internship opportunities and post your research, on-campus employment, fellowships and graduate assistantships on Hire a Red Hawk. Learn how to set up an employer account.
Host Job Widgets on Your Website
Keep students abreast of employment opportunities by embedding a real-time listing of positions found in Hire a Red Hawk on your website. Job widgets are customized to meet your students’ interests and hiring needs. Request a job widget.