A computer lab in the SCM building on campus.

Posting an On-Campus Job through Hire a Red Hawk

There are two employment programs available for students on campus:

  • Federal Work Study (FWS): This is a federally supported employment program for students who are eligible based on the FAFSA. If you are a recipient of financial aid, you may be eligible to receive Federal Work Study funds. Check if you have FWS funds.
  • Student Assistant (SA): This is a University employment program. View eligibility requirements for SA employment.

How to Register for Hire a Red Hawk

  • Start by visiting the Hire a Red Hawk Employer sign in page. Be sure to bookmark this page for easy access in the future!
  • Click the Sign Up button for first-time login. Or, use your username (email) and password to log into an existing account.
  • Complete your employer registration:
    • Your Organization Name will be your department’s full name.
    • Please provide your contact information, not the department’s general contact information. Multiple contacts can be assigned to one department in the system.
  • Once your account has been approved, you (or the contact person listed) will receive an email that includes your username and a link to create your password. This link will expire in 24 hours.
    • If more than 24 hours has passed, please click on “forgot my password” and the system will generate a new link for you.

Post an On-Campus Position

If you are interested in posting a Student Assistant and/or a Federal Work Study position, you must follow the steps below:

  1. Review our policies and procedures.
  2. Log into your Hire a Red Hawk account
  3. Click Jobs > Post a Position > Add New
  4. Approval of your job postings can take anywhere from one to three business days, depending on volume.

Please Note: When posting an on-campus job, you must select On-Campus Student Employment under job type, or your job will be rejected.

Student Employment Compensation

Compensation for working on campus is determined by the department in which a student works. The Office of Student Financial Aid only determines the total amount a student can earn per semester for Federal Work Study; the department determines how much a student earns per hour. For reference, view the acceptable compensation scale.

Departments should note that once a student has earned their allotted federal work-study amount for the semester and/or academic year, the student is no longer eligible for work-study and the student must be paid from the department’s budget (as a Student Assistant) or they can no longer work for the remainder of the semester or academic year.

Hiring Federal Work Study Students

If a student has not submitted a timesheet and/or has not obtained employment by October for fall enrollees or by March for spring enrollees, their work study award will be canceled.