This program is for students applying as non-degree, non-matriculated status only. It is not a degree-granting program. Currently enrolled students will need to switch to non-degree status to be eligible for this program.
Students interested in applying for the NJ State DOL Training Program – those seeking a Tuition Waiver through Montclair State University must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently unemployed or in receipt of a layoff notice
- Wish to take a course(s) which is part of a job training program or Employability Development Plan approved by a One Stop Career Center within the NJ Department of Labor, to assist you in gaining re-employment in the field in which you were previously working
- Have reviewed the Policy – Tuition Waivers for Unemployed Persons: Job Training Program
- Are not registered for, not enrolled in or paid for the course which they are seeking a tuition waiver (Registration in a course prior to application for a tuition waiver will result in denial of the waiver).
- Currently in good academic standing
- Accept responsibility to pay for the mandatory $20 registration fee and all student fees