About the NJ State DOL Training Program
The purpose of this program is to enable unemployed persons to enroll in Montclair State University course/s of instruction that will provide them with identifiable job skills to assist them in gaining reemployment pursuant to NJSA 18A:64-13.2 and NJAC 12:23-1, et. seq.
- Summer 2022 Term Application Cycle
Opens: First Monday of April
Closes: First Monday of May
- Fall 2022 Term Application Cycle
Opens: last Monday of July
Closes: last Monday of August
- Winter 2023 Term Application Cycle
Opens: last Monday of October
Closes: last Monday of December
- Spring 2023 Term Application Cycle
Opens: First Monday of December
Closes: First Monday of January
How to Apply
Verify eligibility with the New Jersey Department of Labor (NJ DOL) directly. Only those students who are authorized by the NJ DOL, and their workforce development counselor, will be eligible to apply for consideration to take applicable courses with our University. Eligibility does not guarantee admission to the University or application of waiver.
Email to email@example.com to obtain and complete a mandatory questionnaire. Please Note: This questionnaire is only sent to students once they have been accepted to the University.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have not already submitted a FAFSA form for the current academic year, please visit the FAFSA website to begin the process.
If you have further questions regarding the NJ DOL State Training Program, please be certain to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Eligibility Requirements
This program is for students applying as non-degree, non-matriculated status only. Approval is not to complete a degree-granting or certificate-granting program.
Students interested in applying for the NJ DOL Training Program – those seeking a Tuition Waiver through Montclair State University – must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently unemployed or in receipt of a layoff notice.
- Wish to take a course(s) which is part of a job training program or Employability Development Plan approved by a One Stop Career Center within the NJ Department of Labor, to assist you in gaining re-employment in the field in which you were previously working.
- Have reviewed the Policy – Tuition Waivers for Unemployed Persons: Job Training Program.
- Are not registered for, not enrolled in or paid for the course which they are seeking a tuition waiver. (Registration in a course prior to application for a tuition waiver will result in denial of the waiver).
- Once enrolled in a course(s), remain in good academic standing as per university academic policies.
- Accept responsibility to pay for the mandatory $20.00 registration fee and all applicable student fees.