Love sports? Looking for community service hours? Join us at the Yogi Berra Museum!
The Museum and Learning Center – which is now free to all Montclair State University students – is currently recruiting Volunteer Docents to facilitate tours! Docents are valued members of the Museum team, bringing its permanent collection and temporary exhibitions to life for visitors of all ages.
Accepted volunteers will have the opportunity to engage with the Museum’s exhibitions and the public, immersing themselves in the remarkable life of baseball legend Yogi Berra and promoting the values that made him a national icon: perseverance, respect, sportsmanship and excellence.
- No museum experience necessary, but enthusiasm and excitement about the Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center are required
- Comfort with public speaking; prior teaching/tutoring experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Professional, welcoming, and engaging demeanor
- Must be available to attend mandatory training session
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (maximum one page) that discusses your interest in the position. Please indicate if you have fluency in foreign languages, experience with social media, or any other qualities that might make you an excellent guide.
- Résumé that clearly indicates your graduation year, major, work/volunteer experience, and MSU email address (for students only). Please also include in your résumé the names and email addresses of two professional, extracurricular, or academic references, at least one of whom must be MSU faculty (including TF) or staff member. Note: provide contact information only, not letters of recommendation.
Please submit documents to: Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
8 Yogi Berra Drive
Little Falls, NJ 07424
Attention: Nikki Morton