The Office of Annual Giving is looking for fun, energetic students with strong communication skills to take on the role of Red Hawk Caller within the Office of Annual Giving Call Center.
About The Job
Red Hawk Callers make over 200,000 phone calls to parents, alumni and friends of the University each year on behalf of The Fund for Montclair State. The Fund for Montclair State raises financial support for student scholarships, research projects and faculty programs; maintains our campus; and provides the technology and resources our graduates need to succeed.
Red Hawk Callers are charged with engaging and conversing with the University’s diverse alumni to inform them about current news and events and ask for donations to support Montclair State.
This position also offers the opportunity to take on further responsibilities as an ambassador for Montclair State through planning and participation in student engagement activities, Homecoming and other important events hosted by the Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving.
The Call Center is seeking students that are able to meet the minimum work requirements of three (3) shifts/week (or a total of nine (9) hours/week). The position runs for 12 weeks throughout the academic year. It begins September and runs through October, and starts up again in January, ending in March.
The position of Red Hawk Caller offers everything you could ask for in a job:
- Competitive pay, plus bonuses!
- Build your own schedule!
- Shifts available Monday through Thursday 6–9 p.m. and on Sunday, afternoon and evening shifts are available from 2-5 p.m. and 5:30–8:30 p.m. (must work a minimum of three (3) shifts per week).
- Reliable transportation to and from Overlook Corporate Center
- Raise and promotion opportunities
- Excellent resume builder
- Learn negotiation, communication and other practical skills
- Letters of recommendation and professional references for dedicated employees
- Fun atmosphere; nightly games and monthly incentives
Call Center Manager
Overlook Corporate Center, Third Floor