Looking to build your professional network? Start connecting with fellow alumni! Join the online community exclusive to Montclair State alumni – MONTCLAIRconnect. Connect with alumni from all class years or join a group to connect with alumni from your college, region or affinity. You’ll be sure to find a group designed especially for you. Check out the latest group that recently launched, the Hispanic/Latino Alumni Network.
Hispanic/Latino representation has increased at Montclair State in recent years with 32 percent of undergraduate students and 16 percent of graduate students identifying as Hispanic/Latino. The new Hispanic/Latino Alumni Network provides opportunities for networking among alumni and a forum to strengthen connections with the University and its students.
Events and opportunities will be developed based on the interest of participants. Some of the possibilities could be focused, but not limited to, networking events, advocacy of Hispanic/Latino causes (including students, staff, and faculty), development of a mentoring program, resource exchange opportunities and social events.
Montclair State is a U.S. Department of Education-designated Hispanic-Serving Institution, highlighting the institution’s commitment to providing underserved populations access to affordable higher education. Dr. Katia Paz Goldfarb serves as Assistant Vice President of the Office of Hispanic Serving Initiatives. She notes, “As we work together to ensure that the voices of the Montclair State Hispanic/Latino constituency are heard and contribute to the betterment of the community, I encourage you to join the Hispanic/Latino Alumni Network.”
Alumni are finding value in connecting with fellow Red Hawks in this new online platform. “Being a part of the Latino Alumni Network is our way to connect with people with similar stories and backgrounds. Now that we are in our careers, we can connect with each other, share best practices and have the opportunity to connect in this new stage of our lives. We are also able to connect with current students and hopefully be for them who we needed when we were in their shoes,” says alumna Sarah Bonilla ’12, ’14 MPH.
The Hispanic/Latino Alumni Network is just one of the many groups available in MONTCLAIRconnect. Visit MONTCLAIRconnect to network with more than 130,000 alumni. Tap into your alumni network and start making your connections today.
- Click Alumni and Friends sign on and select Alumni user type
- Enter your email address and create a password
- Verify your account for instant access (you will need your legal last name, class year and alumni ID number).
Tap into your alumni benefits. With MONTCLAIRconnect, you can:
- Explore the community to expand your network and connect with fellow graduates
- Customize your profile and share your expertise
- Start a discussion about issues of interest to you
- Engage with Montclair State as a volunteer
- Build your professional skills through workshops and webinars
- Join groups based on education, interest, region and affinity
- Participate in flash mentorship and formal mentor programs
- View recorded digital opportunities and access online career resources
- Access benefits and services, discount codes and more
Be sure to stay connected to your alma mater. Follow us on social media and stay up-to-date on all things Montclair State by visiting the website at montclair.edu/alumni. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at 973-655-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.