The second Montclair Book selection, in 2012, was Rebecca Skloot’s The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. The archive pages for that 2012 selection are presented here in their entirety (see menu options on the left).
Each year, a faculty advisory committee selects a book to be read by all incoming first-year students before they arrive. The goals of this program are to—
- Provide a common intellectual experience
- Engage in interdisciplinary dialogue and debate
- Build community around a shared understanding of relevant issues
- Celebrate the written word
- Offer opportunities for students to reflect on their roles as readers and learners
- Encourage campus-wide engagement with the book’s theme
For our second selection, the Montclair Book Faculty Advisory Committee chose The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot.
We hope you enjoy reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks as much as we did!
You can purchase The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks at the Montclair State Bookstore.