Each year, a faculty advisory committee selects a book to be read by all incoming first-year students before they arrive.
The goals of this program are to:
- Provide a common intellectual experience
- Engage in interdisciplinary dialogue and debate
- Build community around a shared understanding of relevant issues
- Celebrate the written word
- Offer opportunities for students to reflect on their roles as readers and learners
- Encourage campus-wide engagement with the book’s theme
For our fifth selection, the Montclair Book Faculty Advisory Committee chose Elizabeth and Hazel: Two Women of Little Rock, by David Margolick. We hope you enjoy reading Elizabeth and Hazel as much as we did!
Purchase Elizabeth and Hazel through Montclair State University’s bookstore.
View the Montclair Book Flyer 2015.
Montclair Book 2015 Keynote Address by David Margolick
On September 24, 2015, David Margolick, author of Elizabeth and Hazel: Two Women of Little Rock, will speak in Memorial Auditorium at 7:00 p.m.
The Montclair State University community is invited to attend this exciting event at which Margolick will discuss the story behind Elizabeth and Hazel.
A book signing will follow.
This event is free and open to the public.
Download the Montclair Book 2015 Author Signing Flyer.