2018 Pitch Contest Results
Three teams of Montclair State students won $80,000 in prize money at the university’s annual student pitch contest on May 2, 2018. The prize pool increased substantially for the 2018 contest, the BulbHead.com Inventors Day for Aspiring Entrepreneurs, which is generously funded by alumnus AJ Khubani, CEO of BulbHead.com. Twelve teams competed after being chosen from a competitive process to pitch live at the University Hall 7th floor conference center.
For the 2018 contest, the $80,000 prize pool was split among three prizes: first = $50,000; second = $20,000; third = $10,000. At each prize level, 20 percent of the award goes directly to the student team members and the remaining 80 percent must be invested in the startup venture under the coaching of the Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship.
The $80,000 prize pool makes Montclair State’s competition the largest collegiate pitch contest in New Jersey. The $80,000 pot of money is also a substantial increase in the prize money for the contest. In 2017, there was only one prize of $10,000.
A hallmark of Montclair State’s entrepreneurship program is that students from every college/school on campus take our entrepreneurship courses, and participate in the competition.
For questions about the 2019 student pitch competition, contact PitchContest@montclair.edu