- What do I use Cayuse IRB for?
- How do I log in?
- What is my username and password?
- How can I change my contact & personal information (e.g. phone number, address) in the system?
- Who do I contact for help?
- How do I submit an initial submission?
- What is the PC (Primary Contact) role?
- What are all of the research team roles and where are they identified?
- I am a faculty sponsor, the student has asked me to certify however some changes need to be made before submitting. How do I send the submission back to the student?
- How do I submit an amendment (modification) to my study?
- Where are my stamped approval documents?
- I need to submit a Continuing Review/Amendment application soon. Can I do it in Cayuse IRB instead of Adobe forms?
- What is the protocol for student-led studies?
- Why am I having trouble accessing Cayuse IRB during weekends?
- How can I delete a study in Cayuse IRB?
- Why do I keep getting expiration reminders after completing a Renewal submission?
- How do I submit a Research Determination Form (RDF)?
- How do I change the title of my study?
- How do I create a PDF of my submission in Chrome if I get a “Failed-Network Error” message?
- How do I add a sponsor if my study has received funding?
- How do I close a study in Cayuse?
- I can log into Cayuse Research Suite, but Cayuse IRB won’t open. What should I do?
What do I use Cayuse IRB for?
Cayuse IRB is now the mandatory form of submission for all new studies. You can also use Cayuse IRB to report incidences and make modifications to studies that were previously submitted through Cayuse IRB.
Research Determination Forms can now be completed through Cayuse IRB in the initial submission.
How do I log in?
Visit the Cayuse IRB homepage.
What is my username and password?
Cayuse IRB is accessible through single-sign-on with your Montclair State issued Net-ID and password. If you are a student or new faculty member please request an account. Existing faculty and staff have been pre-loaded into the Cayuse IRB system.
How can I change my contact & personal information (e.g. phone number, address) in the system?
You do not need to contact the IRB office to update any of your personal information. To do so, log in to the evisions research suite and click “Cayuse 424” instead of “Cayuse IRB.” Then click the “People” tab at the top of the page, search yourself, and edit your information.
Who do I contact for help?
Please feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions.
How do I submit an initial submission?
View the Cayuse IRB Submission Process.
What is the PC (Primary Contact) role?
The PC is the primary point of contact with the IRB staff for a study. Like other research team members, the PC can work on a submission, but all submissions must be certified by the PI before it is submitted to the IRB staff. Faculty/staff members leading a research study can be both the PI and the PC. A Montclair State student or a different faculty/staff member can also be the PC on a faculty/staff-led study. In the case of a student-led research study, the student should be the PC and their faculty sponsor must be the PI.
What are all of the research team roles and where are they identified?
View an explanation of the research team roles.
I am a faculty sponsor, the student has asked me to certify however some changes need to be made before submitting. How do I send the submission back to the student?
There is a “RETURN TO INVESTIGATORS” button you can hit to send the application back to the student, and reopen it. This can be found on the submission details page. You or the student could then make changes. (Unfortunately, you can’t make comments in the application for the student.)
How do I submit an amendment (modification)to my study?
After your initial submission has been approved, you will be able to select “Modification” under the “New Submission” button on your study page. See further instructions on submitting modifications.
Where are my stamped approval documents?
Approval documents through Cayuse are not stamped. The IRB office will no longer produce hard-copy approval documents for submissions submitted through Cayuse IRB. You will be able to access your approved documents by viewing your submission in Cayuse IRB. Your approval letter will be sent to you via email.
I need to submit a Continuing Review/Amendment application soon. Can I do it in Cayuse IRB instead of Adobe forms?
Studies approved in Cayuse IRB will be reminded to submit renewals in Cayuse IRB prior to expiration. A submission requesting a modification of your study can be accepted in Cayuse if your study was already submitted in the system.
What is the protocol for student-led studies?
Students who are leading a research study should be identified as the Primary Contact on the IRB submissions. The faculty sponsor must be listed as the PI. The study title should be prefaced by “SS” i.e. “SS Example Study Title.” View more information about student submissions.
Why am I having trouble accessing Cayuse IRB during weekends?
Evisions schedules maintenance for the Cayuse system on Saturdays or Sundays. If you find you cannot access the system on a weekend, try later in the day or the next day.
How can I delete a study in Cayuse IRB?
There are only certain circumstances under which you can delete a study in Cayuse IRB. Please see our guide on how to delete a study in Cayuse IRB.
Why do I keep getting expiration reminders after completing a Renewal submission?
The Cayuse system is set to send notices of IRB approval expiration starting 60 days in advance of expiration, and once every two weeks thereafter. Those reminders continue going out even after a renewal submission has been created. Their behavior is tied directly to the expiration date of the study and so those notifications will continue to go out until the review on the renewal is complete.
How do I submit a Research Determination Form (RDF)?
You should begin your submission as you would a general initial submission, please start your study title with the initials “RDF” i.e., “RDF – Research on Established School Practices”. After completing the “Personnel” section, you will see the “Activity” section, you can choose either Secondary Data Analysis or Activities without a Plan to Conduct Research– depending on your project.
If you choose either of those choices, you will find the Research Determination section will open up.
Then you will answer questions in the required sections, complete and certify the submission and it will go into pre-review.
View How to Enter a Research Determination Form in Cayuse with instructions and screenshots.
How do I change the title of my study?
Go to your Study Details page and hover over your study title. Click the title, type the new name, and click the blue checkmark. View images on changing study title.
How do I create a PDF of my submission in Chrome if I get a “Failed-Network Error” message?
- Open Chrome and type “about:plugins” into the omnibox at the top.
- Scroll down and find Chrome PDF Viewer.
- Click the “Disable” link to prevent PDFs from loading within Chrome.
How do I add a sponsor if my study has received funding?
You will add the funding source by submitting a modification.
How do I close a study in Cayuse?
Please view our webpage on submitting closures. If you are still working with the data, doing any data analysis, or believe you will need to go back to your data at a future point, you should leave your study open.