Winter Services and Calendar
Thanksgiving to the Opening of the Spring 2021 Semester
Library Hours and Services – Wednesday, November 25 through Monday, December 14:
The Library closes at 4 pm on Wednesday, November 25.
Closed Thursday, November 26 – Sunday, November 29.
Monday, November 30 through Monday, December 14 the Library will continue the regular Fall Semester 2020 Schedule —
From Tuesday, December 15, 2020 through Monday, February 8, 2021:
Open 10:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday
Closed Saturdays and Sundays
You can view all of our library hours here.
Note: The Library will close at 3:30 pm on Thursday, December 24 and will be closed Friday, December 25, 2020 through Sunday, January 3, 2021, and on Monday, January 18, 2021.
What’s required to enter
- Must show a current MSU ID card
- Must follow all CDC and university guidelines as posted
- Must wear face coverings and practice social distancing
- No eating is allowed in the library
What’s Open and Available
- 1st floor study space and 1st floor silent study spaces are open, except for the reference/legal area and reference/legal collection.
- Borrowing and Interlibrary Services
- Staff will retrieve requested materials and bring them to the front desk in the lobby for patrons where in-person checkout is available.
- Items may be returned at the desk or through the 24 hour book drop in the entrance to the building.
- Patio pickup of requested library materials is available
- Self-checkout machines in the library lobby
- Print reserves and multimedia reserves
- Interlibrary loans (including print books) can be picked up at the front desk or via Patio Pickup.
- BookScan stations, photocopiers, and printing services
- Ask a Librarian chat, email, text, FAQ and appointments all remain online.
- Online research appointments for faculty, staff and students are held via Zoom.
- Online workshops and library classes (arranged by instructors) for students on how to do research and use library resources are held over Zoom.
- Public computers remain available for library research.
- Services to users with disabilities continue to be available. Contact Steve Shapiro.
- Services for users of the government documents collection are available by appointment. Contact Darren Sweeper, Government Documents Librarian.
- Request forms to request books, ebooks, streaming video, and more
- Museum passes
What’s Not Available
- Laptop lending
- Group study rooms, the Faculty-Graduate Reading Room
- 2nd floor or lower level public access to the stacks
- Staff will retrieve requested items from the stacks and bring them to the desk in the library lobby.
- In-person library classes and instruction. Book an online session instead.
- In-person research appointments. Book an online appointment instead.
- In-person library workshops. Register for an online workshop instead.
- Physical access to the library for faculty, staff and students without a current MSU ID card
- Public access to the library for non-MSU users (e.g., community borrowers, MSU family borrowers, alumni, VALE borrowers). These patrons can use our patio pickup service as applicable.
- Listening rooms, viewing rooms, photo studio, collaborative spaces or other equipment for lending.