In this course participants will acquire basic knowledge about what is required to successfully plan and manage projects. You will be introduced to basic concepts from project initiation through to project execution and closing.
This course is for anyone new to project management and/or interested in ensuring their project runs smoothly.
No prior project management knowledge required
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define project, project management and portfolio management
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a sponsor, project manager and the project team
- Describe the key aspects of each phase of the project lifecycle.
- Identify the key deliverables for each phase.
- Plan and mitigate project risk.
- Build an effective communication plan
- Who, What and Why of Project Management
- A-Z of Project Life Cycle
- Planning for the unexpected and minimizing project risk
- Effective Project Communication
- Closing a project
How to Enroll
- Email Sharif Akkara at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the course.
- Check your email for a message entitled “Course Invitation”.
- Click on ‘Get Started’.
- Log into Canvas with your Montclair State NetID and password.