The Male Enrollment and Graduation Alliance (MEGA) is charged to examine and develop a plan of action to improve (cis/identified) male student outcomes from prospects to active alumni status with a focus on Hispanic/Latino and Black males. The taskforce will publish a report by 7/1/23 inclusive of findings, recommendations, and a repository of best practices.
Daniel Jean, Assistant Provost for Special Programs, EOF and Academic Success firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolina Gonzalez, Assistant Dean-Administrative, External and Student Affairs email@example.com
Three Focus Areas
Data Collection & Analysis
Develop a sustainable plan to review, collect and analyze enrollment, retention, and graduation data and other data points connected to prospective and current students and alumni.
Explore and deepen current and future partnerships related to community engagement, resource allocations and the development of enrollment and post-graduation talent pipelines.
Develop a framework, identify membership, and facilitate ongoing communication with an advisory team with external community stakeholders.
Coordinate programming and engagement to directly impact prospective/current scholars and includes a nationwide collective of educators, administrators, thought leaders and best practices.
Committee Members and Key Partners
Shortlist of Current Partners: Institutional Research, African-American Caucus, Latina/o/x Caucus, Black Alumni Advisory Council, Hispanic/LatinX Alumni Network, Diverse Issues in Higher Education
Future MEGA Events
Future College Graduate Conference
November 16, 2022 8:30am-1:30pm
- Expected Attendance
- 300 High School Males/School Counselors
- Motivation, the importance of pursuing passions and the college pathway
- To engage prospective Redhawks in the University experience
- Malcolm X Shabazz High School, Ferris HS, University High School, Newark School of Fashion and Design, Central High School, Beloved Community Charter High School, Bard High School Early College, Dickinson High School, Perth Amboy High School, Paterson Arts and Science Charter, People’s Preparatory Charter School, Eagle Academy for Young Men of Newark, Passaic High School, Passaic Academy for Science & Engineering and Preparatory Academy, John F. Kennedy, Newark School of Data Science and Information Technology, Paterson Eastside, and PTECH (formerly known as Panther Academy)
Male Enrollment & Graduation Alliance Symposium
March 3, 2023 9:30am-2:30pm
- Expected Attendance
- 150 Pre-K to 20+ Educators/Administrators
- To engage educators/administrators nationwide to share best practices, develop enrollment partnerships/pipelines and sustainable networks for future Black/Hispanic male success.
- Keynote, Ed Talk, Breakouts, Roundtable Chats, Scholar Panel, Commemorative Photo
MEGA Symposium to Build Pipelines that Bring Black and Latinx Men to College – Diverse Education, October 28, 2022
To attend and graduate college, Black and brown male scholars need more support – OpEd by Daniel Jean in NJ.com, November 3, 2022