Montclair State University has prepared thousands of students for a lifetime of professional and personal success. We are unique in offering:
- Academic programs that have earned us the title of “New Jersey’s best public university” (Forbes)
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and achieve professional goals through a wide range of extracurricular activities
- A vibrant, expansive campus community
- Cutting-edge technologies, such as online study opportunities, that match our students’ learning styles
- Exceptional value for both in-state and out-of-state students
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university’s six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
- Nearly 300 majors, minors, concentrations, and certificate programs
- State-of-the-art facilities including a new 2,000-bed student residence and dining complex
- Exceptional opportunities for motivated students, regardless of ethnicity or economic background: described by the U.S. Education Trust as a “Top Gap Closer” for increasing graduation rates for minority students
Yet students receive the individual attention you’d expect from a much smaller institution.
- Student-to-faculty ratio of 17 to 1
- Average class size is 22 students
- Courses taught by professors, not graduate assistants
- Affordable tuition: one of Forbes’ 25 Best Buy Colleges in the Northeast