Montclair State University has prepared thousands of students for a lifetime of professional and personal success. We are unique in offering:
- Academic programs that have earned us the title of “New Jersey’s best public university” (Forbes)
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and achieve professional goals through a wide range of extracurricular activities
- A vibrant, expansive campus community
- Cutting-edge technologies, such as online study opportunities, that match our students’ learning styles
- Exceptional value for both in-state and out-of-state students
Our campus is a leafy, 250-acre oasis in the town of Montclair, New Jersey, just 14 miles from New York City. With more than 18,500 graduate and undergraduate students in six schools and colleges, we provide the advantages of a large university.
- Nearly 300 majors, minors, concentrations, and certificate programs
- State-of-the-art facilities including a new 2,000-bed student residence and dining complex
- Exceptional opportunities for motivated students, regardless of ethnicity or economic background: described by the U.S. Education Trust as a “Top Gap Closer” for increasing graduation rates for minority students
Yet students receive the individual attention you’d expect from a much smaller institution.
- Student-to-faculty ratio of 17 to 1
- Average class size is 23 students
- Courses taught by professors, not graduate assistants
- Affordable tuition: one of Forbes’ 25 Best Buy Colleges in the Northeast