Montclair State University is located at 1 Normal Avenue, Montclair, NJ, USA 07043, phone: 973-655-4000.
Montclair State University is on Valley Rd. and Normal Ave., Montclair, N.J., one mile south of the junction of Routes 3 and 46. We are located 14 miles from New York City. Nearest towns include Montclair, Clifton, and Little Falls.
Campus Maps and Information
- Campus Map - Interactive (with parking and walking instructions)
- Printable Campus Map (pdf)
- Red Hawk Parking Deck (main parking deck for visitors)
- Visitor's Parking
- Where Is...?
The Google Map pin-points our location and also can provide driving directions from your location.
Using a GPS Device
When using a GPS device we have found some accept our true address (1 Normal Avenue) and give correct directions. Others will give you correct directions with the address 22 Normal Avenue or 22 East Normal Avenue. We highly recommend you view our link to Google Maps to be sure your GPS device is providing you with correct directions.
How to get to Campus by Public Transportation using the:
The Montclair State University campus is located right next to two train stations. The Montclair Heights train station, located at the south end of campus, is just a few steps away from the main body of the campus. The Montclair State University train station, located at the northwest end of campus, has a campus shuttle service to the main campus area. The Montclair-Boonton line does make stops at both stations.
- For a listing of available train service from your location to the Montclair train stations go to: NJTransit's Train Station (Station to Station) Web service.
- For a PDF of the Montclair-Boonton (MidTown Direct) Line Schedule.
- For NJ Transit Service information for student discount passes.
New York City
MidTown Direct - New Service to Midtown Manhattan
MidTOWN DIRECT-Montclair service operates between Montclair Heights Station and Penn Station New York from early morning until late evening, Monday through Friday. Peak period service will also run to and from Hoboken Heights and Newark Broad Street stations, plus you can use either MidTOWN DIRECT-Montclair or Hoboken-bound trains to reach Newark Broad Street Station. Call 1-800-626-RIDE or visit http://www.njtransit.com for complete NJTransit information and schedules.
- New York City (by bus): DeCamp Bus No. 66 leaves from the Port Authority Bus Terminal and drops you off on campus near College Hall. If the bus is not going all the way to campus, get off at Mt. Hebron and Valley roads, turn right (north) on Valley, and walk one block to the Normal Avenue traffic light, then turn left to campus entrance. For a detailed schedule,
- Newark: NJ Transit Bus No. 28 originates at Macy's, Washington and Hill streets, and terminates its run on campus.
- Paterson: NJ Transit Bus No. 705 travels from Main Street and Broadway in Paterson. Or, NJ Transit Bus No. 72 originates at Broadway Terminal, Paterson, and goes to Broad Street, Bloomfield. Change to No. 28 at Bloomfield Center.
- The Oranges: Take One Bus Co. No. 44 to Main and Day streets in Orange. Connect to NJ Transit Bus No. 92 to Glenwood and Bloomfield avenues. Change to NJ Transit Bus No. 28
- Passaic: NJ Transit Bus No. 705 originates at Main Street and Passaic Avenue in Passaic and travels through Clifton to Montclair State University.
- Wayne: NJ Transit Bus 705 originates at Willowbrook Mall and ends its run on campus.
- For NJ Transit Service information
* Subject to change without notice. Information available from New Jersey Transit, 973-275-5555.