Job Search Resources
There are many online employment websites. The more you diversify your job search, the more likely you are to find opportunities that suit your interests. You may also utilize job alerts to keep up-to-date with employment and career trends.
- Handshake: Job and internship postings specifically for the Montclair State University community!
- Idealist.org: Jobs and internships for those who want to make the world a better place.
- USAjobs.gov: Federal government’s official job listing with employment search, information center, veteran information and forms.
- NJHire: New Jersey Department of Education’s free education recruitment website.
- LiquidCompass: Healthcare jobs in hospitals/health systems with highlighted positions for new grads.
- My Next Move (for veterans): Helps you find a civilian career similar to your military job.
- COSD: (Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities) helps improve the employment rate of college students and recent graduates with disabilities on a national basis.
- LinkedIn Job Search Engine: Leverages the world’s largest professional network to connect you with opportunity. LinkedIn Jobs surfaces insights such as whom you know at a company, providing you an edge in your job search.
- Summer Jobs: Top resource for finding summer camp jobs, seasonal employment and careers with resorts, parks or hotels.
Company research is not only critical to helping you succeed in an interview, but you may also uncover information that helps you make an informed decision as to whether your interests and values are compatible with the prospective employer’s mission and practices.
- Riley Guide: Business Directories & Corporate Profiles provides comprehensive directories that allow you to search for companies by industry sector, by occupation, by location or by keyword.
- Linkedin allows you to learn about a company’s business, brand, products, services and job opportunities.
- LinkedIn Alumni Tool allows you to explore what alumni are doing with their degrees, who they work for and the types of jobs they’ve had.
- Glassdoor provides company reviews as well as reported salaries and benefits from current and former employees.
- Buzzfile allows you to search for employers that are relevant to specific majors.
Salary sites are designed to help you learn about typical salaries based on location, industry, occupation, experience and education. By researching salaries, you will be better prepared to negotiate an equitable compensation package.
- Salary.com: Allows you to browse salaries for more than 60 career categories and provides information about salary/benefits negotiation.
- Educate To Career (ETC) Salary Calculator
- Provides job seekers and employers with reliable salary data. View more!
- Provides job seekers with reliable salary data.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook: A guide to career information including typical wages and employment trends across occupations and industries.
- Discover your earning potential with LinkedIn Salary. This tool allows you to explore salaries by job title and location. See how years of experience, industry, location and more can impact your salary.
Professional associations expand your networking opportunities, allow you to stay up-to-date on issues and trends in your field and provide valuable information and resources to enhance your career.
- Weddle’s List: Helps you find relevant associations by subject.