What is the post-graduation survey?
For each graduating class, Montclair State University administers the post-graduation survey to collect feedback about students’ experiences while studying at Montclair State as well as their post-graduation plans.
Some of the information we seek to identify is:
- Level of satisfaction with program of study and student experience at Montclair State University
- How prepared students feel to enter the workforce
- # of students who are employed, along with the name of their employer, position, and salary
- # of students continuing their education after graduation, where and in what field
- # of students still seeking employment or researching continued education programs
- Information on other post-graduation plans
Who Takes the Survey and When?
Students who are graduating with an undergraduate or graduate degree as well as certificate and certification completers will receive the survey about six weeks prior to graduation. Three-, Six-, and 12-month follow up will be conducted for any graduate who indicated that they were still seeking employment, still researching continued education programs, unsure about their post-graduation plans or did not respond to the survey. Once you respond to the survey with your post-graduation plans, you will be excluded from subsequent follow up campaigns.
Note: Students who submitted a graduation application for an upcoming graduation term will be emailed the post-graduation survey link. However, receiving the email and/or completing the survey does not guarantee graduation. To check on your graduation application status, you will need to review your Degree Works audit.
If you are a Class of 2021 graduate, click the link below and enter your NetID and password to complete the survey:
August 2020, January 2021, May 2021 – Post-graduation survey
How Will Responses Be Used and Who Benefits?
There are several important reasons to provide this information when it is requested.
- To identify students who may be seeking employment immediately after graduation, so career services can reach out with job search resources and assistance.
- The University compiles and reports this information at the aggregate-level for national ranking surveys, accreditation, and certification.
- This information can help students research majors for best-fit and potential first steps toward career goals.
As you submit this information, please be aware that your name will be associated with your responses. However, when reporting this data to ranking publications, accrediting bodies, or on the University’s website, the data will be aggregated. Furthermore, the University may contact you to invite you to be a guest speaker, participate in alumni panels, connect with students for informational interviews, and/or other alumni activities.
To opt out of receiving emails about this survey, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Connected After Graduation
As an alum, you will always have a home within the Montclair State Community. The Montclair State alumni network is a powerful group of more than 130,000 fellow Red Hawks in virtually every profession, across all 50 states, and in more than 75 countries worldwide. MONTCLAIRconnect is the online community exclusive to Montclair State alumni.
Additionally, you will continue to have access to Hire a Red Hawk to assist you in your future career development and job search.
Update Your Contact Information
Students can request an alumni email address or update their contact information at https://montclairconnect.org/alumniupdate
Review the Alumni Privacy Notice for information about personal data collection, what is collected and how it is used.
Faculty/Staff Access to 12Twenty
Click here to learn more about how to gain administrative access to 12Twenty and/or the data policies around the post-graduation survey outcomes.